Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Out-of-State Transit Experts Speaking This Morning in Royal Oak

Moses, TRU and others want you to come.

It's part 2 of a show that started yesterday in Lansing.

http://www.michigannow.org/2012/02/2...t-pros-advice/

Interesting article. I hope this show of interest isnt just a smokescreen on metro Detroit by governor Snyder. The last pargraph is ominous as always...

"The RTA is supposed to be able to get money and lay down tracks or buses at least. But the debates in the legislature will still be a power struggle between city and suburbs and even Southeast Michigan versus the rest of the state. The stakeholders aren’t yet recognizing that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts."

yeah, I don't see an RTA solving our transit problems without a dedicated tax-based [[not registration fee) funding source as well as specific referendums or directives to build capital projects such as light rail or commuter rail. In fact, i would say, without these things an RTA could easily strip more routes and service to inner-city Detroit