Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Let's Go Red Wings!

The anticiaption has totally killed my productivity this afternoon. need to get out of work, go home, fire up the grill, crack open a fresh bottle of Labatts, and get the borrowed projector setup in the living room

go Wings!

have you passed.. I think somehow you desribed heaven...with the Wings always in the finals along with Tigers, Pistons, Wolverines and [[HOGS) NMU Wildcats...ok Spartans rotating decades

I'm with you Raptor! I wish the game was starting NOW! I'll be heading for my local pub to watch the game with friends.

GO WINGS!!!

clap clap clapclapclap

stomp stomp stompstompstomp!

Bring on the beer!

lilpup Guest

Everybody's going to behave and just have fun after the game tonight, right?

[[Maybe put down the beers after the second period...)

I'm with you lilpup,... Bubba Helms is dead and should stay that way.

Let's Go

Attachment 1700 's

let's go!
    Last edited by eriedearie; December-24-09 at 02:18 PM.

Its a good economic boost to the Downtown Area! I heard Doubletree has No Vacancy and Westin is mostly filled!

i cant hardly stand to watch...

too many give aways of late, and Ozzie scares the beejebus out of me when he tries to puck handle at the edge of the goal...

they had a pretty good flurry on fleury a couple of times but they have to figure how to get the penguins out from in front of him because HE himself is porous...

They look like a bunch of short-bus riders out there. Pens want it more and they will have it.

See ya next year!

Not looking good at all.

Why the hell are we playing so lethargically?

Heads are gonna roll after the season is over. Hossa is gone....

Finally! Where was this energy two periods ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Agree. I wonder how much money he's cost himself in his next contract,

There is no joy in Mudville tonight.

Great series.
    The hungrier team won.

I wonder how much money he's cost himself in his next contract,
    thats a good question...

i dont have concrete numbers but didnt he TURN DOWN $100 million and ACCEPT like $2 million?

jeez that alone would be enough to make me sick...

Hossa has to be the sickest man in America. To watch the team that you snubbed because you didn't believe they would deliver you the Cup skating on the ice with the Stanley Cup has to be mind-blowing. I doubt he will have to worry about being on the wrong team next year. He won't be in Detroit. Smart move not to give him a long-term contract but he shot himself in the foot for not pressing Detroit for a long-term contract.

lilpup Guest

Maybe he's wondering if he was the problem last year.

If I didn't want the Wings to win I would have gotten some enjoyment out of what happened to Hossa. So much for being a cup chaser.

Next Year.....

It seems to me that the Canadian media and pundits wanted Pitt to begin from the start. Why were so many Canadian writers against Detroit?

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    If I didn't want the Wings to win I would have gotten some enjoyment out of what happened to Hossa. So much for being a cup chaser.
    I have no problem with a player being a cup chaser. The problem that I would have with Hossa is that he wanted to win the Cup by default. [[By signing with the team that won it the year prior) The noble thing that he should have done is to resign with Pittsburgh because because the team needed just a boost to get them over the hump. Hossa decided to get off the train and his error [[Hossa's Folly) will be a reminder to future players who decided to jump off the train and sign with another team.

It seems to me that the Canadian media and pundits wanted Pitt to begin from the start. Why were so many Canadian writers against Detroit?
    Probably the bias against European players.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast