Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Bill Schuette as Vice President?

Last edited by brizee; February-22-12 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Busted link.

Doesn't load.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Doesn't load.
    It should work now.

Occurrence Guest

Bill Schuette is a piece of trash. Who supports this idiot?

Thanks for fixing the link.
    As for selecting a running mate, Romney jokingly said, "I've already promised the job to [[Michigan Attorney General) Bill Schuette," who introduced him before the town hall. Romney said his top priorities for a running mate are a person who is 100% pro-life and unquestionably capable to run the country if he can't.

Schutte's shown that he has no interest in serving the residents of Michigan, only his own personal crusades. Even Mike Cox made a half-hearted effort to be an AG who looked at issues outside the Republican standards. You know Schutte's a terrible AG when he's even worse than Cox.

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    Schutte's shown that he has no interest in serving the residents of Michigan, only his own personal crusades. Even Mike Cox made a half-hearted effort to be an AG who looked at issues outside the Republican standards. You know Schutte's a terrible AG when he's even worse than Cox.
    Yeah he's a testicle.

I have my own views on the world but I admittedly side Democratically because i find alot of the competition abhorrent.* But this guy goes above and beyond.

I don't particularly like Snyder.
    I actively dislike Schuette and wish ill upon him.

*Make no mistake Bing and FIcano could be thrown into a meat grinder and made into arrogant dishonest hamburger and sausage for all I care.

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    you know Schutte's a terrible AG when he's even worse than Cox.
    Exactly. Shutte's a huge turd who has shown he only cares about making life difficult for weed smokers.

Fuck him.

That's not much to lay his hat on. Especially, ignoring the will of the people.

at least mike cox litigated the settlement with the riaa music cd price fixing.

what the hell has bill schutte done for us??? wasting taxpayer money fighting voters and appealing his losses to the mich supreme court ? keep wasting that money billy.

I'm somewhat surprised by this thread; I'm a pretty active political watcher, but I can't imagine what the AG has done to upset so many people. Anyone want to detail their complaints?

Occurrence Guest

For starters, our AG's personal crusade to butcher the medical marijuana bill that was passed overwhelmingly by the people in the state of Michigan. As a patient myself, he has made it harder for me and everyone else to get access to the medicine.

Closing down many of the dispensaries that generated much needed jobs and tax revenue was a really stupid idea. Just go a google search some of the articles and read some of this guy's ridiculous quotes in some of the articles regarding the issue. He's an ignorant moron living out some Reefer Madness fantasy.

The first, and most glaring, is his stance on marijuana. People voting for something and then being ridden roughshod over it doesn't sit well with most people.

recall petition for bill schuette:
    http://www.cityhallrecall.com/SchuettePetitionHome.htm

"I'm somewhat surprised by this thread; I'm a pretty active political watcher, but I can't imagine what the AG has done to upset so many people. Anyone want to detail their complaints?"

Schutte's jumped on every right-wing legal crusade against the feds. I'm surprised he hasn't hooked up with the birthers yet. Maybe Orly Taitz will be coming to Michigan soon.

Ha! So its the pot issue...

You do know that marijuana is illegal under federal law, right?

You do know that is the state's Attorney General, right?

His job is not to enforce federal laws, but you already knew that. It's a moot point now, he's screwed himself politically, in my opinion.

Occurrence Guest

Who cares if it's a federal issue? He's our states AG. If he wants to work for the Feds than he should do so. Medical Marijuana could be a good industry for this state and create a lot of jobs. Instead this idiot decides he has a personal bias against it and has dispensaries shut down.

Making safe affordable natural medicine alternatives harder to obtain for patients is a really dumb thing to do. I guess he prefers a black market system in which the state recieves no tax revenue. Yeah, that makes sense.

Personally, I think it's the best move for any Republican to put him on the ticket as VP.

Having BS as a VP candidate with any of those Republican losers will solidify a 2nd term for Obama; not like BS is really needed. It is certainly a really bad time to be Republican right now; even worse for the Tea Baggers.

Completely embarrassing; I almost feel sorry for them.

Almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Baselinepunk View Post
    Personally, I think it's the best move for any Republican to put him on the ticket as VP.

Having BS as a VP candidate with any of those Republican losers will solidify a 2nd term for Obama; not like BS is really needed. It is certainly a really bad time to be Republican right now; even worse for the Tea Baggers.

Completely embarrassing; I almost feel sorry for them.

Almost.
    Agree 100%. I'm politically agnostic, but these guys are a joke. Pure entertainment value.

Romney has lots of cars..... but no audience.

tat must have been looking... awkward. Ouch.

Occurrence Guest

I like how these people run on the platform of "small government" and individual liberties, but have no problem with the government telling we can't use marijuana as medicine. Meanwhile it's OK for doctors to prescribe dangerous addictive pharmaceuticals. What a bunch of horse shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    I like how these people run on the platform of "small government" and individual liberties, but have no problem with the government telling we can't use marijuana as medicine. Meanwhile it's OK for doctors to prescribe dangerous addictive pharmaceuticals. What a bunch of horse shit.
    Ron Paul is the ONLY presidential candidate running on the platform of "small government" at the federal level. Obama is on track to make more arrests for the use of medical marijuana than Bush
    Obama's War on Pot
    In a shocking about-face, the administration has launched a government-wide crackdown on medical marijuana -Rolling Stone