Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Chrysler in the Dime

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...ny-to-the-dime

It's about time they had some sort of presence down there. Does Ford? If they do, I assume it's minimal. Either way, good news for Downtown.

Kick ass.

When the deal gets announced, I'm told that everyone will be shocked with the design Chrysler is bringing to the Dime Building.

"They're doing everything short of turn the building into a car," one person told me.
    Can't wait to see what this will end up being.

Oh wow, really? I don't get it? Why/How will they do that?

Quote Originally Posted by BEEAH View Post
    Kick ass.

Can't wait to see what this will end up being.

Tom Walsh: Chrysler to move 50-70 people to downtown Detroit offices

http://www.freep.com/article/2012032...CFRONTPAGE%7Cs

Good stuff!

It's not as much as I hoped it would be, but it's still building on the momentum.

Thanks!

Don't you wish more people shared his opinion?

Last October, when Marchionne and 200 of his top Chrysler executives spent a half-day at United Way headquarters in Detroit, he said this in a brief address to the group: "We owe a lot to this city, and we need to do everything in our power to make sure that it gets every shot it can to turn into a better place."

Referring to the taxpayer bailout that kept Chrysler afloat, he added, "As we have not ignored our moral obligation to pay back the people that lent us the money to come back from the grave, do not turn your back on this place," he said. "Just don't."

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    Don't you wish more people shared his opinion?

Last October, when Marchionne and 200 of his top Chrysler executives spent a half-day at United Way headquarters in Detroit, he said this in a brief address to the group: "We owe a lot to this city, and we need to do everything in our power to make sure that it gets every shot it can to turn into a better place."

Referring to the taxpayer bailout that kept Chrysler afloat, he added, "As we have not ignored our moral obligation to pay back the people that lent us the money to come back from the grave, do not turn your back on this place," he said. "Just don't."
    Yes, I do wish more people, especially business leaders, felt this way. Frankly, I think it's because he's not American born, and unlike most American CEO's he has a longer range view of what makes a healthy company and economy. You'd never hear Willard Romney say this.

I know someone who works for a well known magazine geared toward the very wealthy, and apparently their next push is to encourage rich people to participate more in philanthropy and be loyal to their cities....kind of a throwback to the Vanderbilt, Rockefeller days.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Yes, I do wish more people, especially business leaders, felt this way. Frankly, I think it's because he's not American born, and unlike most American CEO's he has a longer range view of what makes a healthy company and economy. You'd never hear Willard Romney say this.
    That statement is true. In many other parts of the developed world, the corporate culture tends to look beyond the stockholders and view civic responsibilities as part of doing business.