Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default An FYI: Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Dealer Photos Wanted

AllPar posted an article today requesting dealer photos to publish on their site.
    http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php...photos-wanted/

Dealer photos wanted

June 12th, 2009
    by DaveAdmin
    A dealer employee sent in this request:
    Many Chrysler dealerships will disappear soon. It would be great if your readers could send in photos of these dealerships, and preserve them as a piece of local and Mopar history.
    We couldn’t agree more. Please take some photos of your local dealerships, whether they are staying open or not, and post them in our photo gallery at http://allpar.com/gallery/v/dealers/.

================================================== ====
    6-13-2009: The main reason I posted this was because it was initiated by a Chrysler dealer employee to AllPar.
    It wasn't anything of personal gain to me; I'd seen other threads where people posted pictures of old dealerships & figured some here would be interested in it. Another aspect is the significance of the moment in our industrial history.
    Bottom line is if you want to do it, that's great; if not, no big deal, just go on with your lives.
    Last edited by MoparDan; June-13-09 at 10:09 AM.

ccbatson Guest

Grave robbing and depressing.

That would be reason enuff for me to go digital.

ccbatson Guest

Go digital? Versus film? I thought film was extinct.

Ok Bats, The digital camera is one of the things that I have put off buying. I still use kodak film in my kodak camera.If I had it today on an unexpected journey I would have taken photos of Century Dodge in Taylor which still had a few cars on the lot.That camera would have involved me going to Meijer, Walgreens,ETC to get the photos processed. Then I really would have to get the scanner working which I need to to get stuff out to a few people anyway, Yep A DIGITAL CAMERA does seem like the way to go, just upload and Bam you got pix on the net. C-P-D-J dealers included.