Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit gets thumbs up from Travel Channel

Super, another outsider visits and loves Detroit. And he even mentions The Mower Gang.

http://blog.travelchannel.com/bizarr...he-motor-city/

...Detroit episode 'airs' on the Travel Channel tonight, Monday 2/20 at 9p [[at least on att cable)

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
    Super, another outsider visits and loves Detroit. And he even mentions The Mower Gang.

http://blog.travelchannel.com/bizarr...he-motor-city/

That's what's up!

Where is the Soul food place they went to?

bartock Guest

The show did its obligatory Detroit, auto-wasteland, Train Station thing, but those were hardly the focus. I thought the show did a fantastic job overall of painting things in a positive light, particularly in its repeated compliments and time in the renovated sheds of Eastern Market, and considerable time in Hamtramck.
    Last edited by bartock; February-21-12 at 12:31 PM.

SteveJ Guest

Didn't realize Eastern Market was the biggest farmer's market in the country. Nice show. But really disgusted by the raw meat eating in Dearborn.

THe raw liver at Super Greenland had me grossed out.

That was the first time I've ever seen the inside of Eastern Market. I was really impressed by that. I'm surprised that doesn't get more publicity. It's the kind of place that attracts people to other cities around the country.

That was a great celebration of Detroit's diversity. I have to go and get some of that banana pudding when I get back to town.

what all foods were profiled in the story?

Recorded the show and looking forward to watching it tonight. On a side note, I live in North Carolina and met some random people and started talking. Some how we started talking about Detroit and they mentioned they were there for some competition back in August and had a wonderful time. They stayed downtown and were very suprised on how beautiful our architecture is. They really thought the people were nice and the city was clean and on a come back. Good job Detroit!

I thought it was excellent and focused on the OTHER places to eat around besides the usuals.

Stromberg2

RJK thanks for posting the video. It was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by DinNC View Post
    Recorded the show and looking forward to watching it tonight. On a side note, I live in North Carolina and met some random people and started talking. Some how we started talking about Detroit and they mentioned they were there for some competition back in August and had a wonderful time. They stayed downtown and were very suprised on how beautiful our architecture is. They really thought the people were nice and the city was clean and on a come back. Good job Detroit!
    Wow, what a nice post, thanks for the positive feedback.

Finally got a chance to watch the show. My wife and I thought it was excellent. It got me excited about my trip back to Michigan in the spring. We'll for sure have to hit up Eastern Market. As my southern friends sat, "y'all have a nice day!"