Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default 1920's aerial photographs of Hamtramck

Hey there!

I'm looking to find 1920's aerial photographs of Hamtramck. Any clues on where to start looking?

Here are some of the Dodge plant from various years, including some in the 1920's:

http://dodgemotorcar.com/factories/h...k/photos_1.php

I'm having a hard time reading the first photo.
    Is that JC that intersects the tracks in the upper left-center?

first main street bottom left is Campau. Thanks 48091. I'm looking for shots that are more north in the neighborhoods. Trying to get a better view of Lumpkin and Holbrook for E.J. clothier inc [[ a ford/fordson dealership) and or Congress Tool and Die 9030 Lumpkin St.I've found directory listings 1928, but would like to make out the buildings...

Name:  E.J. Clothier.jpg
Views: 1644
Size:  17.5 KBName:  1930's aerial.jpg
Views: 2194
Size:  62.2 KB

I circled the area of interest in pink on the aerial
    Last edited by hamtown mike; February-20-12 at 02:59 PM.

Mike, google DTE/aerial and you'll find a collection of aerial photos datIng back to 1941. The interface is cumbersome and wading through the collection can be tiresome but interesting .

Not to thread jack, but I've long been looking for photos of Commor Street in Hamtramck between McKay and Campau. Anyone have any leads on that brand of nostalgia?

Quote Originally Posted by hamtown mike View Post
    first main street bottom left is Campau. Thanks 48091. I'm looking for shots that are more north in the neighborhoods. Trying to get a better view of Lumpkin and Holbrook for E.J. clothier inc [[ a ford/fordson dealership) and or Congress Tool and Die 9030 Lumpkin St.I've found directory listings 1928, but would like to make out the buildings...

Name:  E.J. Clothier.jpg
Views: 1644
Size:  17.5 KBName:  1930's aerial.jpg
Views: 2194

I circled the area of interest in pink on the aerial
    Actually, don't you think that the street running up the center of the picture is Campau? The area circled seems just south of Holbrook and just east of Mexican Axle.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Actually, don't you think that the street running up the center of the picture is Campau? The area circled seems just south of Holbrook and just east of Mexican Axle.

Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the first image in the link.
    In the image below Campau is seen running north-south along the western edge of the factory. Name:  1930's aerial.jpg
Views: 1111

Quote Originally Posted by hamtown mike View Post
    I just get a wayne county map, no photos. hmmmm.
    Each number on the grid overlaying the map is a link to a pdf version of an aerial survey photo. Probably not what you're looking for; the earliest is 1949, and they don't have a perspective view like the one you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Each number on the grid overlaying the map is a link to a pdf version of an aerial survey photo. Probably not what you're looking for; the earliest is 1949, and they don't have a perspective view like the one you posted.
    Got it. had to use Safari. Chrome not so good. Thanks a heap!

It didn't work at first in google chrome, but came up ok in IE...