Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Atwater Brewery on Woodward

I was at the Flogging Molly concert on Friday night, and we walked by the supposed future site of the Atwater Brewery next to the Fox theater. I've been waiting for this thing to open for over a year with sketchy details at best. Well....THERE WAS SOME ACTIVITY IN THERE! The lights were on and even though the windows were frosted over, you could see furniture and all types of things hanging from the walls. I hope this is still going to be Atwater and that it opens soon.

What building is that again?

The same building as the Fox Theater and across the street from Hockeytown.

Probably were Johnny Rockets was?

Stromberg2

makes sense, I saw the article just said Foxtown area, so I was not sure what building they were talking about.

Yes, where Johnny Rockets was.

How was FM? I tried to buy tickets on Wednesday and they were sold out. Bummer!

I heard Atwater decided not to open a taproom/restaurant anymore talking with the bartenderat the Brewery a couple months ago...I'm not sure if something else is planned for that location. I did see on Crain's Atwater plans on added sq. ft to their existing building or build a new one next door.

That is horrible news, Dlife. Way to screw up my Monday morning! Damn. Floggy Molly was awesome. I go every year and they put on a great show. We got to hang with them and have a drink at Park Bar afterwards. A great night in the D.

I saw that freep article, I guess I took the 'plans for a new tap room' line as 'plans for a new tap room on Woodward'. Double damn. Well, I hope whatever they are opening there on Woodward is a good place. As for the Crains article link there, I can't see it because I'm not a subscriber.