Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by thatsmykid View Post
    Oh darn -- she just LOOKED right! Any fleeting recollection of what your Alice was studying at WSU?
    You know, the only things that have occurred to me since you found your Alice a few weeks ago: During 67-68, I was in a relationship and Alice [[I think) told me about her boyfriend... This probably short circuited any thoughts I had about an ongoing relationship.

The other thing I remembered, will be of no help at all in finding her: When we walked out of the restaurant on Cass, we were parked in opposite directions - me being in the parking structure near the Admin building and her in a lot toward downtown. Anyway, it was an awkward moment, we paused, said goodbye, hugged one another and went out separate ways...

You know, Alice Mason looked so familiar and based on her life story, which I read on the her church site, I figured that her and I would have really hit it off - only problem was that we never met!

How about contacting the WSU Alumni Association and tell your story -- they could include it as a sweet human interest story in the Alumni Magazine or other appropriate communication and invite Your Alice to contact them to put you two in touch?

That is a decent idea. I will try it!

Maybe someone from the Tribes of the Cass Corridor can help? http://corridortribe.com/index.html

JenniferL - Thank you for the suggestion! I am not sure how many visit The Tribes and how often- I will read further in the next few days.

It has been months since I visited this posting... I have done some things in search of Alice with no luck. I wish there was a searchable database of students from that era... it would make it easy to locate her even without her last name...

A gesture to, “ajkrueger,” for stimulating my juices on the subject.

Dedicated to the young boys and girls, who are 40, 50, 60, or an older age, who cannot forget. Forget what? You fill it in.

Attraction, Infatuation, Puppy Love, Crush, First Kiss, Love Ever Lasting, and also, Love Lost.

Adolescence stores memories that makes Fort Knox look like a soap bubble.
    I was three and a half years old when my memories began to solidify in the soft, plushy, expansive caverns of my brain.

I have engaged family members, fellow students, neighbors, co-workers and especially, personal friends, and all of them were not reluctant to “let their hair down’ on the subject of, “What Ever Happened to So and So?”

I dropped by this page this morning because I had a dream that took me back to this time. I wish that someone would create a television program that would reunite people. I know that most people have someone that they have lost contact with and it would make a great show - more interesting than the drivel that pollutes the cable channels! Anyway. thank you for reading this thread!
    Last edited by ajkrueger; September-21-13 at 08:37 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2