Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Historical Museum Clock..Damaged

Before anyone jumps to any conclusions...say, about Detroit...
    The perp was from out of state.

Here is info and pix of the clock: http://www.detroithistorical.org/mai...ils.aspx?ID=18

I am glad they arrested the person. It sounds like he was looking for attention.

Says right there in the article.

Dude pulled the fire alarm, then damaged an old clock.

He probably had something against time.

I wish they would give a little bit more information on the damage. The Freep is better than Fox news though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post

I guess i was more interested in what he did to the clock, but didnt exaclty explain that. did pulling the fire alarm trigger sprinklers ? or did he take a hatchet to it? Or did he stick gum to it like the kid at the DIA a few years back?

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersmommy View Post
    I guess i was more interested in what he did to the clock, but didnt exaclty explain that. did pulling the fire alarm trigger sprinklers ? or did he take a hatchet to it? Or did he stick gum to it like the kid at the DIA a few years back?
    Smashed the face of it. You can see for yourself at the DHM. No sprinklers went off.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    Here is info and pix of the clock: http://www.detroithistorical.org/mai...ils.aspx?ID=18

I am glad they arrested the person. It sounds like he was looking for attention.
    He wasn't playing with a full deck. Cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

Again, nothing to do with Detroit residents, Cass Corridor folks, kids... a good lesson for all against profiling anyone...

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersmommy View Post
    Lol!!! Why would sprinklers ever go off in a fire alarm? There has to be an actual fire present. Thats how they work.

Such a shame someone damaged it. What heck goes through people's heads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post

Now he's going to do some.

The dude needs to run the gauntlet of Detroiter's who remember the clock and appreciate all it's history.