Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default EEV Pub Crawl Friday 2/17/12

I saw a few people asking about dive bars already...well, we've got them:

This Friday, East English Village is hosting its first ever walking pub crawl on Harper Ave.
    Meet at Firewater Bar and Grill, 16801 Harper Ave., Detroit, MI 48224 at 8pm this Friday.

Then onto First Place Lounge, I.B.ON, Mugshots, and Elam's Bar & Grill.

I have been to some of these already...so far First Place is my favorite.

Things wrap up officially at 11pm but come and go as you please. Food and drink specials available at each location.

Parking is available across the street from Firewater.

Most people know East English Village for its historic custom-built housing stock and strong neighborhood association but there is a fun side of it too. The Detroit Land Bank will be selling its EEV properties in the spring, along with other deals to be had, so this is a good opportunity to meet the neighbors if you're interested in the neighborhood, or just want to have an unpretentious good time. There will be a home tour and other fun events in the spring as well. Hope to see any of you there; spread the word.

Damn I whis I knew about this. I used to live in the area and hung out at them all. Does anyone know if the Gulford is still open.