Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Is this taking over a space that was vacant for a while or did something just go out of business?

The article didn't say. Anyone hanging out down there know the answer? I'd like it to fill a long vacant space of course but I'm still happy that there are business moving/opening downtown.
    Last edited by dmike76; February-14-12 at 12:37 PM.

I was just walking by there yesterday and took note that the spot that housed a deli when I worked in the building about 16 years ago was still vacant. That's at the Fort Street entrance. Since there are kitchen facilities in that spot, and it's got good visibility from the outside, my guess would be there.

You do know this is a Livonia based company.

The invasion has begun.

Too bad for the pretty little bakery in the penobscot Building. This will be a lot of competition to land so close.

Are you serious or are you joking, gnome? Does it really bug you that a suburban business opens up down there or are you being sarcastic?

Wow Buffalo Wild Wings...Just Baked Cup Cakes...The Cheese Cake Factory can't be too far behind...yum yum...

Quote Originally Posted by dmike76 View Post
    Are you serious or are you joking, gnome? Does it really bug you that a suburban business opens up down there or are you being sarcastic?
    It's an old DYes inside joke/story.

Gotcha. I just proved my noobness.

It's taking a over a coffee shop space.

http://woodwardspine.com/2012/02/14/...roit-location/

Quote Originally Posted by dmike76 View Post
    Gotcha. I just proved my noobness.
    From one noob to annuda: http://www.detroityes.com/war.htm

Ah, the Great War with Livonia ... maybe the finest piece of collective frolic ever seen.

For the noobs, there was a truly unique man who once commanded the respect and admiration of almost everyone he met. ItsJeff was the on-line name of Jeff Colby and sadly he died of a heart attack in the spring of 2007. When you read that thread keep in mind that General ItsJeff was a remarkable man.

It is too bad that the pix on that thread never made the jump to the new forum format. Maybe Lowell can work some digital magic and make them reappear.

Check this out: http://atdetroit.net/forum/messages/...tml?1137044460

Another thing about Jeff is that he could arrest the piddling, trifling and acerbic comments that so often cause arguments here with just a few words. Everyone would go away laughing.

Jeff was a very dear friend and I still lament his passing.