Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default A question about sex..

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

Alright, ...thought I'd ask the brain trust here ...Chasitity Bono, daughter of Sonny & Cher has announced she has been undergoing the sex re-assignment process for the past year. Fine. I have no problem with a person's choice, but then the bride asked, "Does that not her a homosexual anymore?" hmm

So, here's my question, if you were born a man with girl parts, but you get those parts fixed, does that make you straight? By logic the soon-to-be male Chastity would only be a homosexual if s/he began sleeping with men. If s/he is now male and sleeping with females, doesn't that make her/m a hetrosexual?

All viewpoints considered.

I think she would just be referred to as "transgendered".

LodgeDodger Guest

If Chastity Bono considers herself to be a man inside a woman's body, the surgery is only correcting nature's mistake. I'm quite sure she would not be a lesbian after "becoming" [[sorry, I can't think of a better word) a man.

My friend, who was once a man and is now a woman, considers herself to be 100% woman. When she sleeps with a man, it's a heterosexual encounter.

I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body. It can get complicated.

ccbatson Guest

An interesting question...I believe that she...then he, would be a heterosexual male upon completion of the process.

cheddar bob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body. It can get complicated.
    And yet still can't seem to atttract either sex.

Gnome, I have no answer to your question. It is one probably best forgotten.

ccbatson Guest

Wow. an arbitrary personal attack and useless response all in one post. Way to go Cheddar.

Lorax Guest

I would be more interested in finding out why the desire to have the surgery in the first place- what led to this decision?

Was it social pressure? If it was any external force shaping the decision, this is important, since it may lead to a mistake in having the surgery. Confidence in one's self, self identity as it were is paramount in being comfortable in you own skin.

So the best I can offer in answering the question, is that only if the decision to have the surgery was made for the right reasons, i.e. an innate desire to correct what you have always perceived as nature's error, then I say go for it.

Otherwise there needs to be much reflection before making such an irreversable decision.

I'm sure she took the time to make the right decision for her.

Also, when Chastity becomes Chas will that turn her current partner hetrosexual?

If the future Chas is dumped by the current partner and then takes up with another lady, will lady number 2 have to be a lesbian?

http://www.tsfaq.info/

Transsexualism is about a person's core sense of their gender. This is a separate issue from the gender of the people they are attracted to.

Just like any other individual, a transsexual person may identify as heterosexual, gay, lesbian, or bisexual. For example, a person raised as a man who transitions to living as a woman may identify as heterosexual, in which case she would seek or continue relationships with men, or lesbian, in which case she would seek or continue relationships with other women. Or she may not feel that it is necessary or meaningful to label herself with regard to sexual orientation at all.

Quote: "And yet still can't seem to atttract either sex."

Another outright fabrication.

If Chastity's current partner is a lesbian, why would she be attracted to Chastity once she becomes a man? If she is attracted to men, why is she attracted to Chastity now? There's just something totally confusing about a woman being attracted to a woman who is "acting" like a man, and especially one who actually believes they are really meant to be a man. I understand better when lesbians are attracted to other feminine lesbians. It makes more sense than lesbians attracted to masculine women. It validates the claim that they are "wired" to be attracted to the same sex. When someone is attracted to someone of the same sex, who has [[often exaggerated) characteristics of the opposite sex, it just makes me wonder.

Unless Chastity's partner is attracted to both and the current situation gives her the best of both worlds, in which case she will lose that once Chastity becomes a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Locke09 View Post
    If Chastity's current partner is a lesbian, why would she be attracted to Chastity once she becomes a man? If she is attracted to men, why is she attracted to Chastity now? There's just something totally confusing about a woman being attracted to a woman who is "acting" like a man, and especially one who actually believes they are really meant to be a man. I understand better when lesbians are attracted to other feminine lesbians. It makes more sense than lesbians attracted to masculine women. It validates the claim that they are "wired" to be attracted to the same sex. When someone is attracted to someone of the same sex, who has [[often exaggerated) characteristics of the opposite sex, it just makes me wonder.

Unless Chastity's partner is attracted to both and the current situation gives her the best of both worlds, in which case she will lose that once Chastity becomes a man.
    What if a woman had sex with a guy with long hair and an earring- would she be a lesbian? But seriously- people are attracted to whoever they find attractive. Details vary. Who cares?

Quote: "Who cares?"

You nailed it. A lot of people are just trainwrecks, why try to figure them out?

ccbatson Guest

An interesting exercise, not a matter of caring [[or not).

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    What if a woman had sex with a guy with long hair and an earring- would she be a lesbian? But seriously- people are attracted to whoever they find attractive. Details vary. Who cares?
    Physical appearance [[long hair and earring), gender assignment [[male or female), and sexual preference [[homo, hetero, bi, etc.) are each different things.

Is the gay community now saying homosexuality is just an "attraction"? Because attraction is fluid and often changes over time. It also is easily influenced by nurturing and experiences [[positive and negative)

Who cares are all those on both sides of the "equal rights" argument who are debating whether sexuality is something more rigid that cannot be "cured" or "controlled" or "changed".
    Last edited by Locke09; June-12-09 at 02:17 PM. Reason: correct poor choice of words

ccbatson Guest

Homosexuals have equal rights now. Marriage is not a right.

Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival.... To deny this fundamental freedom on so unsupportable a basis as the racial classifications embodied in these statutes, classifications so directly subversive of the principle of equality at the heart of the Fourteenth Amendment, is surely to deprive all the State's citizens of liberty without due process of law. - Loving v. Virgina, 388 U.S. 1 [[1967)
    Marriage is a basic civil right. The debate is over the reasons some are denied this right.
    Last edited by bailey; June-12-09 at 03:25 PM.

good point Bailey and thank you for the link, but more interested in everyone's take on this gender stuff.

Locke made an interesting point about why lesbians would be attracted to masculine women if they didn't like masculine males, don't have the answer; but by the same token why would men who don't like women be attracted to feminine males?

Pam is obviously the most emotionally evolved, her que sura sura attitude certainly shows respect to the unclassified, but my small mind is just trying to keep up. In the long view, I guess it doesn't matter a whole lot, but it sure is interesting.

. On the marriage question, if someone becomes a man and wants to marry her/s lesbian partner; I don't see how any law could ever be constructed to disallow such a union.

On the marriage question, if someone becomes a man and wants to marry her/s lesbian partner; I don't see how any law could ever be constructed to disallow such a union.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhKa-NVWEg8

Pam is obviously the most emotionally evolved, her que sura sura attitude certainly shows respect to the unclassified,
    I admit I don't understand the whole trans surgery thing. Why can't Chas just continue to live as a butch looking lesbian in open minded California? She is already dating who she wants and wearing what she wants- why resort to surgery? You can't go back, once it is done if you have regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I admit I don't understand the whole trans surgery thing. Why can't Chas just continue to live as a butch looking lesbian in open minded California? She is already dating who she wants and wearing what she wants- why resort to surgery? You can't go back, once it is done if you have regrets.
    I used to work with someone who was born male, had surgery to become female, then had it reversed to be male again. Isn't modern medicine a marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine1958 View Post
    I used to work with someone who was born male, had surgery to become female, then had it reversed to be male again. Isn't modern medicine a marvel?
    Ok, I stand corrected.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Homosexuals have equal rights now. Marriage is not a right.
    Prohibiting someone from marrying the person they love is a violation of their civil rights.

Lodgedoger does that include plural marriages?

Yeah. You do have to ask what gives the majority the right to say that plural marriages should not be legal. As long as everyone is over 18, whose business is it if women don't mind sharing a husband, or vice versa for that matter?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast