Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Whitney Houston dead

http://www.cnbc.com/id/46355484

i know that she had substance abuse problems but wow.

Yeah, that's a loss for all of us. She may have had lots of personal problems, but her voice was absolutely magnificent. RIP, Whitney.

What a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/46355484

i know that she had substance abuse problems but wow.
    I know most people think it likely that she relapsed, but at the same time we shouldn't jump to that conclusion

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I know most people think it likely that she relapsed, but at the same time we shouldn't jump to that conclusion
    Right right. So, if you will, please indulge me: what was your first thought?

With Whitney Huston's sudden death I recalled her outstanding rendition of the Star Spangle Banner at the '91 Superbowl game - Considered one of the best efforts at that song... which requires a strong and wide vocal range and VERY hard to sing.

Whitney knocked it out the park.
    Simply wonderful! So powerful and yet delicate! What a voice!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jeUINzHK9o

well, i'd have to agree with both of you rb and ravine but i'm leaning towards a relapse.

Could also be complications from her previous habits, like kidney or heart failure. Or even liver failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    Right right. So, if you will, please indulge me: what was your first thought?
    aortic aneurysm

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    With Whitney Huston's sudden death I recalled her outstanding rendition of the Star Spangle Banner at the '91 Superbowl game - Considered one of the best efforts at that song... which requires a strong and wide vocal range and VERY hard to sing.

Thanks for the link. Just watched it and that gave me goosebumps. Wow. One of my favorite anthem singers was Fat Bob Taylor the singing plumber at the Red Wings games at Olympia. Saw him many times growing up when my dad took me to games.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post

Yup, very strong but delicate stuff. There was a lot of heart in that. She may have had her faults, but she had a mighty voice and was a skilful artist.

Ravine Guest

aortic aneurysm
    I am obliged to believe you but it seems so unlikely that an aortic aneurysm was your first thought.

aortic aneurysm
    *snicker*

I hate 10 chars

[QUOTE=rb336;303262]aortic aneurysm[/QUOTE

Hmm..I don't know with that..My guess is fatal hypotension..

When celebrities work hard and smart, the pressure from tabloid journalists, bloggers, paparazzis, extensive media roles and photo ops will take a toll on their personal and private life. So they are going to do? before they try religion they try a coctail of legal and illegal drugs.

A teen from Livonia Franklin High School just tweeted racial remarks about Whitney Houston. What are going to do about it? I am just going to pray for this kid and let God protect him before he gets hurt. Thoughtcrime can sometimes block everyone's right of freedom of speech even if our speech is offensive to other people. It's better to keep to inappropiate words to ourselves and used our words calm peoples mistakes. You have the right to be angry, but not the right to used your anger to hur other people.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

For the 99 Percenter and Guy Fawkes.

Neda, I miss you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    I am obliged to believe you but it seems so unlikely that an aortic aneurysm was your first thought.
    When drug abusers clean up and are clean, the damage to their hearts from the abuse is seldom addressed, and weakened walls of veins and arteries often result in problems from heart attack to aneurism

Marvin Winans will give the eulogy.