Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Default Buffalo Wild Wings really is coming to Detroit

So it looks like they were serious when they said they were coming to Detroit.

The restaurant will be in the Odd Fellows Building, at 1211 Randolph St. on the corner of Randolph and Monroe streets — on the border between Campus Martius and Greektown.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...tius-greektown

While I tend to avoid chains, they do have good wings and a lot of big-screen TVs to watch games. However, I'm sure they won't allow smoking, so they won't be seeing any of my business.

Quote Originally Posted by milesdriven View Post
    However, I'm sure they won't allow smoking, so they won't be seeing any of my business.
    No restaurant in Michigan allows smoking, legally.

So I'm guessing most restaurants in the state won't be seeing your business then. Oh well.

However, I'm sure they won't allow smoking, so they won't be seeing any of my business.
    Do you know something I don't?? While I've come across a few places that do have inside rooms where they allow you to smoke, I don't know of many...

Thats a good sign when a chain comes to Detroit. I for one dont like the food though they do cater to sports fans with all the TV's. Youngster's seem to love the place.
    This is a positive development
    Last edited by kenp; February-10-12 at 01:51 PM.

I also don't care for chain restaurants for the most part; however, I do love going to BW3 here in lovely Ferndale once I sell enough plasma and cash in my returnables.

Great news. The city could use a few more chain's. Maybe I can finally watch UFC Downtown!

I'm excited. My coworkers are already planning on going.

I do hear the concerns about chains, it's cool having non-chain food. Detroit has a lot of non-chain stuff. Chicago has tons too.

I am actually all for this; one less vacant building is excellent, and it is a location with tons of exposure. It would be nice if they had a patio right on that corner. They could take away a few of those parking spaces in that lot on the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by sycloneman View Post
    Do you know something I don't?? While I've come across a few places that do have inside rooms where they allow you to smoke, I don't know of many...
    I am fine with the ban in restaurants, but I oppose it in bars. I know of many bars in Detroit, Flint, Hamtramck, and Toledo which allow smoking, and I will gladly support them for having the courage to cater to the desires of their customer base. However, I will not be posting their names on a public forum.

I won't go to the Comet bar in Detroit or Kelly's Pub in Dearborn Heights because of the smoking.

I want them to bring back Todd's mensware instead thats what we had there when I was a boy and WE LIKED IT!

Very cool that they are reusing a building!! BW3 is actually pretty good.

Kind of cartoonish picture--I hope they keep some of the buildings original features.

..i've never been to BWW.. are the wings actually good? do they have other things? wing-burgers?

...based on the artist's rendering.. would they be on all the floors of the building?

I don't mind their wings at all. The fact that a chain can have wings that good is actually a plus for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    ..i've never been to BWW.. are the wings actually good? do they have other things? wing-burgers?

...based on the artist's rendering.. would they be on all the floors of the building?
    Good question- I can see them potentially being on the first 2 floors. What will the upper floors be used for?

I wonder what my great-great-great grandfather, Ferdinand Reblin, member of the OddFellows Hall building committee, would have made of this news.

Bring on the white baseball caps, I suppose he might have said.

Usually not a fan of such places, but I think the guy picked the perfect place to open such a spot.

He's got space to put a large outdoor space up top and on the old St. Clair Hotel site; he's down the street from Greektown on one end and Campus Martius on the other.

The guy's has been successful in his other locations, so I welcome the development.

Wow - I love this. As someone in their mid-20s who works downtown and gets together with buddies to watch games during the work week...this is absolutely perfect. BDubs is a decent place to catch a game with decent food. I'll be there!

Yeah that's really a can't miss location for this kind of restaurant. It's within stumbling distance to the Well, Baltimore, Detroit Pub, etc for Lions fans too

Quote Originally Posted by milesdriven View Post
    While I tend to avoid chains, they do have good wings and a lot of big-screen TVs to watch games. However, I'm sure they won't allow smoking, so they won't be seeing any of my business.
    So what restaurant will be seeing your business considering there is a no smoking law in the state of Michigan?

This is great news! BW3s bring in the young crowd by the droves and chains investing in downtown shows a level of confidence from not only local business owners but also corporations. It's healthy to have a mix of local eateries and national chains. Even if you don't like BW3s, this is one less abandoned building leading to more people out and about and ultimately a safer downtown.

Bu bu but it's an evil chain!

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoid View Post
    This is great news! BW3s bring in the young crowd by the droves and chains investing in downtown shows a level of confidence from not only local business owners but also corporations. It's healthy to have a mix of local eateries and national chains. Even if you don't like BW3s, this is one less abandoned building leading to more people out and about and ultimately a safer downtown.
    I agree 100%. And whether or not you "hate" chains...the reality is that chains bring investor confidence. This will help make it easier for BOTH the independents and the chains to bring even more residential and commercial development to the city.

Cheers to BDub!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast