Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default What do you think of Detroit?

Hi everyone!

I'm currently working on a place branding project for school and trying to gather information. I was wondering if you would be able to fill out a survey that will only take 5-10 minutes of your time. The survey is to help me better understand what citizens of Detroit think of their city. This will allow me to create a a strategic and successful brand. The link is http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s.asp?s...mn1fxsr9o2l518 .

To give some background information on myself, I'm a second year graphic design student at the Ontario College of Art and Design in Toronto. I grew up in Windsor for the first 18 years of my life. I would occasionally venture over the border to see what was happening.

I chose Detroit as my city to [[re)brand because I think it's a city that has a rich
    history and that it's in a period of transformation into something great again. I would appreciate who ever fills out the survey because it will give me the chance to make this project successful.

If you feel like you want to add further comments, please feel free to in this thread.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Peter_Ha; February-09-12 at 09:02 PM.

If this survey is to be used just to gather ideas on how you would like to "brand" the city that's fine, but I really don't see the point of these online surveys which are not random and therefore don't begin to reflect the demographics of Detroit.

detroitjim Guest

You needs to try an fine a blog that has mostly people on it that used to stay in Detroit.
    Most of the folks on this blog has rosy colored glasses up over their eyes an you gonna get answers that ain't comin from reality.

The questions are hard to answer. Why do I think Detroit's a great place to work? What if I don't?

And do you mean city of Detroit or the metro Detroit area?

What do I think of Detroit?

I love it; warts and all ...

I agree these surveys aren't accurate and I'm glad this is only a student project. I realize my survey answers will have biases and it is true that I need a better demographic. This is the starting point for me. Please don't think this is the only place I'm trying to gather information.

If anyone has more suggestions, I'm more than willing to hear from you guys.

Thanks for the people who were willing to cooperate.

Give the guy a break, he came here and respectfully asked for a little help. Give the kid 5 minutes of your valuable time.

I filled it out, it was kind of fun picking three items of the many possible answers.