Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Activity at MCS

Default Activity at MCS

Does anyone know what is going on at MCS today? When I drove by this morning, there were several large RVs and other equipment present. Is there a movie being filmed there?

Ever remember MAD magazine's "Snappy answers to stupid questions"?

"No, we're having the family RV cookout there."

"The city allowed an RV dealership access to the site as a lot."

"It's an art installation designed by Yoko Ono."

People are tailgating waiting for tonight's performance of Aida.

Lining up for the Pre-sale of the new loft development

diver1369 Guest

Still waitin' on the train. Will it never come?

Lorax Guest

People lining up for this evening's comedy show by JohnHodgeman.

Either a movie, or Matty's wiring the charges.

They had a cherry picker with a huge red light focused on the main window. Really strange.

Eminem video shoot. Was also at National Theatre last night.

Right now, there is an Ambassador Bridge facilities truck parked out front of MCS.

A Royal Transportation bus unloaded 20 or so well dressed folks and the chain link fence was opened to let them all in for a tour.

The folks working on the Roosevelt park planting say that there have been some "feasibility studies" performed recently and this is likely another.

They also mentioned that there is discussion of Matty replacing the current fence with a decorative one, replacing or removing the glass from the large lobby windows, and installing architectural lighting on the facade.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Regardless, just passing along the info.

Good news! A little bit of cleaning up the facade, adding some accent lighting, and removing the broken glass would go a long, long way.

Any feasibility studies would have a better chance of a positive report if Moroun hadn't totally let the building rot during his entire ownership. Still, is there a glimmer of hope? Or is he just going through the motions once again until the heat dies down?

Quote Originally Posted by Pcm View Post
    Right now, there is an Ambassador Bridge facilities truck parked out front of MCS.

A Royal Transportation bus unloaded 20 or so well dressed folks and the chain link fence was opened to let them all in for a tour.

The folks working on the Roosevelt park planting say that there have been some "feasibility studies" performed recently and this is likely another.

They also mentioned that there is discussion of Matty replacing the current fence with a decorative one, replacing or removing the glass from the large lobby windows, and installing architectural lighting on the facade.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Regardless, just passing along the info.
    What's Royal Transpo? Just like Greyhound or is it a transportation company?
    And the architectural lighting would be wunderbar, as das Germans say, but would undoubtedly be stolen or stripped.

So would the decorative fence. Moroun can say "look what I did!" But a few weeks later, scrappers make away with the fence that no one looked after.

Quote Originally Posted by buildingsofdetroit View Post
    What's Royal Transpo? Just like Greyhound or is it a transportation company?
    And the architectural lighting would be wunderbar, as das Germans say, but would undoubtedly be stolen or stripped.
    It was just one of those party busses. I think they're simply a for-hire bus service.

It was just one of those party busses. I think they're simply a for-hire bus service.
    So Moroun is now giving bus tours of his abandoned hulk of a building?

More info on Royal Transportation:

Commitment to Detroit drives Royal Transportation
    http://detnews.com/article/20090604/...40363/1001/biz

Quote Originally Posted by buildingsofdetroit View Post
    So Moroun is now giving bus tours of his abandoned hulk of a building?
    Hey, these are tough times. Gotta make money somehow.

Hey, these are tough times. Gotta make money somehow.
    Just questioning how he can escape liability if something goes awry.