Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Anyone have a late 1960 yearbook from St. Mary's of Redford?

I'm looking for the full name of someone that would have graduated in 1967 from St. Mary's of Redford [[In Detroit). If anyone is familiar with the class or happens to have a yearbook from that time period please send me a PM. Thanks!

Edit: Title should read "mid 1960's".
    Last edited by Johnnny5; February-06-12 at 10:37 PM.

I didn’t attend the school but I have a friend who did and graduated in 1971. I could ask her for you but I need the name of the person and your email address. FYI, I checked www.classmates.com but they did not have a 1967 yearbook available.

Quote Originally Posted by rtcouture View Post
    I didn’t attend the school but I have a friend who did and graduated in 1971. I could ask her for you but I need the name of the person and your email address. FYI, I checked www.classmates.com but they did not have a 1967 yearbook available.
    Thank you for offering. The person has the initials "JMN" and would have graduated in 1967. I don't actually know their name, but I have an item that may have belonged to them and I'm trying to return it. Please send me a private message via the forum. Thanks!
    Last edited by Johnnny5; February-07-12 at 01:27 PM.

Johnny 5 - Why don't you go to Facebook. There are two St. Mary's of Redford groups - one is just St. Mary's of Redford [[Detroit) 1000+ members. The other is "I went to St. mary's of Redford in the 60's and 70's" with over 450 members...check there first. lotsa luck, kiddo!

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_uke View Post
    Johnny 5 - Why don't you go to Facebook. There are two St. Mary's of Redford groups - one is just St. Mary's of Redford [[Detroit) 1000+ members. The other is "I went to St. mary's of Redford in the 60's and 70's" with over 450 members...check there first. lotsa luck, kiddo!
    For some reason I am unable to find the Facebook page you mentioned above. Do you happen to have the direct web address to the group page?

I am currently in contact with another 1967 graduate, and it appears they may know the person I am looking for. I'll update the post when I know for sure.

Thanks for the link...

I spoke to "JMN" today and it turns out his real name is Jerry. I was taking advantage of the warm weather yesterday and while metal detecting a local lake discovered the 10k gold high school class ring that he had lost there 45 years earlier. Someone happened upon my post here, and contacted Tim [[1967 classmate of Jerry) who was able to relay Jerry's phone number to me. His ring will be in the mail and on the way to California tomorrow morning. Thanks for everyone who helped me quickly find "JMN"

Picture of the ring..

Name:  IMG_6260.jpg
Views: 927
Size:  24.8 KB
    Last edited by Johnnny5; February-07-12 at 08:43 PM.

Good for you Johnny 5 - way to go!!!!!!!

Great ending to a great story!!! Way to go!

I just read an email from my friend Nancy who attended St. Mary’s Redford. It was her brother, Tim, who helped find the owner of the class ring. I’m happy that you sought out the owner instead of selling the ring! You’re a good guy, Johnny 5!

Any SMR yearbook from the 1963 to 1969 era is hard to come by. I'd love to get any or all of them myself. Strangely enough, they are not available on Yearbooks.com or anywhere else. Once in a long while they are on EBAY but very steep prices.

Joe, I have a 69 yearbook. I want to hold onto it, but if you want I can scan some stuff for you. Let me know via FB, I sometimes don't look here for long periods of time [[Jim Burke).