Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Fire Saturday Night in downtown Detroit?

Looks like a rager, there is smoke all over downtown. It's coming from west of Woodward, but I can't see from my apt. What is it?

Blunts. And lots of em. Emmanating from City Club, maybe corktown.

Hookah Smoke ....

I was driving northwest about 4:00 p.m. or so and saw lots of smoke north of I-75 around 14th. It looked pretty big.

Guy I know as a customer [[ don't know all that well) lost his business on 8 Mile in December. Insurance won't pay because it was ruled as arson. He is out his life's work. Don't know if he hired his own investigator or not. I asked and he just shook his head and walked away. Saw a tear in his eye. This guy said he had the business over 30 years. Sounds to me like there is a firebug out there or some real estate speculator trying to get their hands on some property. Detroit, Wayne County, do they have the staff to do a proper investigation? Heard they caught one guy lighting a building. Did he do the others? What a shame. We don't need this.