Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Photo Updates on the construction of The Auburn

I snapped a few shots of the progress of the Auburn this afternoon. They have the majority of the first floor framed out and seem like they may be prepping to raise the beams of the second floor. Since Im in the area almost every day, i post some updates on the progress of this project...Attachment 11938Attachment 11939Attachment 11940

Those of us who are not around to see things in person appreciate photos

DS, what is The Auburn? Sorry for my ignorance, but I cannot recall learning about this project.

The Auburn is a mixed-use residential and retail space on the corner of Cass and Canfield.

http://www.modeldmedia.com/devnews/theauburn092011.aspx

One of the first retail residents will be HUGH, the winner of Hatch Detroit last year.

Took these earlier today. Hope you don't mind if I post them here.

Attachment 11998

Attachment 11999

Does anyone have any more updates on this place? I see them working on it often, but I was wondering if anyone knew anything about what other retail shops might be opening in the building [[besides HUGH.)

Name:  DSC01190.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  35.2 KB

Looks like the Auburn is coming right along