Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Grand Circus Park , How to "rent" it

Who do I contact about using Grand Circus Park for an event?

I have searched online and all over the city of detroit website, and I can not find any info.

Thanks

I would start with the Recreation Department.

Do it the Matty Maroun way...there is a bunch of new fencing near the riverfront you could scrap and simply put up a perimeter around the park...

...and declare it yours!

MIRepublic Guest

Are you talking about getting a permit to assemble in GCP? I was looking on the city website at the Rec Departments webpage, but only see fees for renting Belle Isle and Fort Wayne. Not sure which department you'd contact in terms of permits.

Lorax Guest

Gannon has it right, just stage an armed insurrection, plant a flag in the ground, and declare it free democratic territory. No one at city hall will fight you for it, just promise to keep the grass mowed.

Do you want to rent both halves?

Even if it were possible, I'm not sure how you would be able to keep out the folks who call it home?

No, no one actually lives there [[that I know of), but there are "regulars" who spend all day there...

I've seen weddings there before and I remember talking to the leasing manager at the Kales Building and him saying something about how a friend of his had one there. Call the Kales and ask for Rick. He might be able to point you in the right direction.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Do it the Matty Maroun way...there is a bunch of new fencing near the riverfront you could scrap and simply put up a perimeter around the park...

...and declare it yours!
    A bit saucy today, aren't we?