Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Brentwood Building

Yet another Midtown rehab. I like it.

http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...apartments.php

From the Curbed article:

Yesterday we received an intriguing tweet about a building renovation in Midtown from a helpful tipster that wanted to know more. We looked up the address and found a report from Crain's on January 15th announcing the Brentwood Building would undergo a "$1.2 million historic rehab to create 38 residential units." Looks like it's happening for real! The completion date in Crain's is late 2012 and the Developer listed was Brentwood Detroit LLC, whose registered agent with the state is Marc Berger. Anyone have some intel on him? According to MLS data, The Brentwood last sold in 2008 for $315 K so it seems he's been waiting for just the right moment bring these apartments to the hot Midtown rental market.
    Marc Berger is the owner of the Piquette Market and Meattown [[I believe), lives in Bloomfield Hills. He's planning on 38 1 bedroom units.

There is treasure trove of available buildings like this in Detroit. Its so encouraging to see another one renovated. More housing and residents for Midtown! Retaining this housing stock does a lot for keeping the character of the area.

This is awesome news! As much as I love new builds, nothing beats keeping a historical structure. Yet another reason people are moving into Midtown at such a rapid pace!

Any chance they combined some of these units for larger 2BR units? Nothing in print mentions that possibility, but I did hear from the owner of Campus Diner [[an investor in the Brentwood) that there will be 2BR units.

Quote Originally Posted by middetres View Post
    Any chance they combined some of these units for larger 2BR units? Nothing in print mentions that possibility, but I did hear from the owner of Campus Diner [[an investor in the Brentwood) that there will be 2BR units.
    Have you called them?

I've yet to find any kind of contact information to inquire about these units?

Has anybody out there heard anything?

When will they be ready?
    How much will they be asking?

Etc, etc...

The plywood is off the front door...looks like the project is getting close to its first move-ins.

Yet still no contact info anywhere to be found for rental information.

Are these rentals already taken by those with insider connections?