Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default looking for photos -- Excalibur, Manuels's, Ristorante, Big Daddy's

In a fit of nostalgia I've been looking for *interior* photos of some local closed restaurants.

Especially the old Excalibur on Franklin rd. in Southfield, and Manuel's on Orchard Lake Rd. in WBLM. Also Ristorante di Modesta in Southfield and Big Daddy's in WBLM.

If anyone has any they can either post or email, I'd be much obliged.
    To email, please PM me and I'll send my email address.

Thanks in advance.

Default recently found photo of Excalibur

I recently came across this photo of the bar at Excalibur ... and remembered this very old post of mine asking for photos. So, in response to my own request ... here is a photo of the bar at Excalibur on Franklin Rd. in Southfield.
    [[of course, still please feel free to add any photos of a favorite, long-gone establishments)

Looking for one of those long-pour "double" scotches ... and to just sit and watch the goldfish in the vases on the bar.
    Name:  excalibur.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  37.0 KBName:  excalibur.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  37.0 KB

Default Tipperary Pub

and one from the Tipperary Pub on the Southfield Service Drive at Joy rd.
    Name:  2213_1097905888557_2108_n.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  63.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Codfish View Post
    and one from the Tipperary Pub on the Southfield Service Drive at Joy rd.
    Name:  2213_1097905888557_2108_n.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  63.5 KB
    Tony, I can't help you with any photos, nor was I ever at the Tipperary Pub. Still, the photo brings back memories of my college roommate from the 1980's. His father was a member of the Detroit Fire Department, and I think he grew up somewhere near Rouge Park when there was a residency requirement. I could be wrong about where he lived. It was a long time ago, but he used to talk about the Tipperary Pub all the time. It sounded as though it was the go-to spot for DFD. It's funny how a place I heard about often, but never visited, could stir memories of people I haven't seen in more than 30 years.