Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Rembrandt and the face of Jesus.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...ew-memberships

It's nice to see the increase in DIA annual memberships.

Has anyone been to the DIA to see the exhibit? I'm planning on going sometime next week.

Going on Saturday. Be sure to buy tickets in advance! Prime times are selling out quickly!

A friend of mine went, and told me, not to miss it.

Art isn't my thing. However, I've been to the DIA a couple times in the past and I must say that I really, really enjoyed it.

It was a great experience.....both visual and mental. It's a must see.

Default We loved it

My wife and I took my younger sisters and a good time was had by all. I'm not a Christian but the transition from portraying Jesus as Nordic to using more historically appropriate models makes for a very interesting journey.

My gal and I went on opening night, and sat through the presentation by the curator. I didn't expect to enjoy this as much as I did.

Everyone witnesses at least two of Rembrandt's paintings which'd not been in the same room for nearly four hudred years or so. THAT blew me away.

The whole story of his school, and the study he endeavored upon to really know the shapes and trends of the Jewish male face was amazing.

It didn't hurt that we caught a bit of Nellie McKay's show that night...in the Rivera Couryard. She is incredible. So our wait for the scheduled, staggered entrance to control the crowd wasn't so bad! We had fun watching the young chess masters, too, outside the cafeteria.

Go see this exhibit...

Once in college I drank so much I saw Jesus on 3rd Street outside of Tapper's Tavern. I asked him for some help with my french class. He just laughed.

If you ever get to visit the Netherlands, under no circumstances should you miss the opportunity to see the "The Shooting Company of Frans Banning Cocq ". Better known as "The Nightwatch". This is an orgy of colours and you can't stop watching it.

I made it down to the DIA today to see the exhibit.
    Excellent, I'd highly recommend seeing it.

It was pretty crowded when I went, but surprisingly I had no problem getting up close to the paintings/etchings and getting a good look.

And De Staalmeesters is the one that can't stop watching you. I thought that was the most impressive one in the Rijksmuseum.

HB

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    If you ever get to visit the Netherlands, under no circumstances should you miss the opportunity to see the "The Shooting Company of Frans Banning Cocq ". Better known as "The Nightwatch". This is an orgy of colours and you can't stop watching it.