Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default DPS payroll test day

I'd like to see the faces of guys who have been getting DPS checks for nothing show up and not get paid. Too bad some people have been standing in line a long time but this check of slackers has been long overdue.
    Guess the gravy train is off the tracks now. Boo Hoo.

Retroit Guest

I like this Robert Bobb guy.

Well, he certainly seems to be taking the BULL by the horns [[ pun intended!)

Isn't he suppose to be heading out to the west coast with some political ambitions?

The DPS has needed a good ass kicking for a long time. If he leaves hopefully there's a good pit bull in training to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    Isn't he suppose to be heading out to the west coast with some political ambitions?

The DPS has needed a good ass kicking for a long time. If he leaves hopefully there's a good pit bull in training to replace him.
    Well it has been rumored that Anthony Adams wants Mr. Bobb's authority overturned. That is why the %^ ____ing school board elected him. We shall see what Granholm does. The school board needs to GO.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RayStar View Post
    Well it has been rumored that Anthony Adams wants Mr. Bobb's authority overturned. That is why the %^ ____ing school board elected him. We shall see what Granholm does. The school board needs to GO.
    I really don't see that financial control being relinquished any time soon, Adams or no Adams. He can sit there and twiddle his thumbs like the rest of them.

And they better not think the next governor will improve their lot, either.

Quote Originally Posted by RayStar View Post
    If Granholm wants to stay in the good graces of the Obama administration, and get that ambassadorship or some other appointment she will do nothing but continue to support Mr. Bobb. If she wants to be out in the political wilderness she will listen to Mr. Adams. I think we all know what she is going to do.

I was at Mumford picking up my check. The ordeal was run efficiently there [[even though the checks weren't ready for the 7 am start). Mumford had its act together, so kudos to the staff there! I, too, like Robert Bobb and what he is doing for DPS.

I want Robert Bobb to be Superintendent of Detroit Public Schools.

Not going to happen. He's a hired gun and will leave many bodies behind when he heads out of town for a California gig.
    He's the Clint Eastwood of financial responsibility for Detroit Public Schools.