Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Hamtramck represent.

Check it:

New ad for the Chevy Volt, happening right in the heart of Hamtramatron.

http://youtu.be/3TFhqTqfyrA

woot! very simple and well done.

Quote Originally Posted by hamtown mike View Post
    woot! very simple and well done.
    Great ad. Great concept. Really shows Detroit [[OK, Hamtramck) in a great light.

Does everyone know the Volt is made right here in Hamtramck?

I think this is a teaser ad leading to the Super Bowl one. I know one of my bartender girlfriends was supposed to be in the longer one, plus several other locations in town.

Everyone who made the Volt lives right in Hamtramck. And everyone in Hamtramck drives them.

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    Everyone who made the Volt lives right in Hamtramck. And everyone in Hamtramck drives them.
    Soon no longer to be called Hamtramck, but Electri-city.

GUSHI Guest

My old hood brings back memories

There is a shot of a white woman on the porch at Commor and McKay, a corner I often go by [[I have a house in Hamtramck). I don't believe that is her house and I don't know why she is walking on that porch!

1953 I think you're correct. That house is facing the wrong direction, and I know there is a fence around it too.

Nicely done !

I can tell you gentleman with the broom at :20 makes some gooood ribs .....

Hamtragedy...just to be sure we are on the same page...I am talking about the shot at 11 seconds and I think its facing the right direction. I even double checked my memory against Google street view and it seems ok to me. Am I wrong?

Nice spot, but I wonder why they decided to insert the two rotweilers running down the street. Is that suppose to represent the city's toughness by showing packs of strays? Seems in unusual choice to make.

Does anybody else get the feeling the Republicans in Congress are trying to torpedo the Volt as part of their political mission to oppose Obama's Green agenda and the success of GM generally via the bailout?

They did a good job so far by taking a spark [[literally and figuratively), that being the fire that started with the one test vehicle days after it was crash tested beyond drivable, and making a raging fire out of it. Of course thank the media as well. Sales for the Volt have gone into the cellar since the news went out. I don't have anything to cite as reference but a family member works at GM and is in forecasting.

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    Does anybody else get the feeling the Republicans in Congress are trying to torpedo the Volt as part of their political mission to oppose Obama's Green agenda and the success of GM generally via the bailout?
    Yes, but I don't understand why. Currently there are over 200,000 car fires in the U.S. annually.

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    That is their agenda. Last year when the Volt was named Car of the Year by Motortrend, Rush Limpbag went on to claim they did it just to make Obama look good. Never mind the fact that the magazine tends to be conservative.

The Volt supposedly only costs a few thousand bucks extra over its 10+ yrs lifespan. Yet out of the millions of environmentalists out there against the Canadian pipeline you can't find more than 10,000 people willing to buy one. Put up or shut up.

The attack upon American car manufacturers, like that directed at the Chevy Volt, would target those unions and unionized industries whose campaign contributions fund the Democratic candidate.

i think the volt is great. I think hamtramck is great too !

Quote Originally Posted by sycloneman View Post
    They did a good job so far by taking a spark [[literally and figuratively), that being the fire that started with the one test vehicle days after it was crash tested beyond drivable, and making a raging fire out of it. Of course thank the media as well. Sales for the Volt have gone into the cellar since the news went out. I don't have anything to cite as reference but a family member works at GM and is in forecasting.
    Perhaps GM will have to have a 'fire' sale --- but all jokes aside, a bit of a price drop might increase volume. I think it'd be great to see far more support for this great, technology -- from Detroit, rust-belt America, and GM.

Haven't driven a Volt, but I've driven a Prius [[rental). I wasn't impressed. First, it whines and screams a lot when engine is engaged; its underpowered; and although the screen told me about 50 mpg, my calculation at the pump suggested more like 28. [[In fairness, I drove like an idiot to test it full-throttle and on-ramps and such.)

Has anyone driven a Volt and lived to tell us about it? Am very curious.

Default Chevy Volt in 1966

I bought my first Chevy Volt in 1966. Here’s a picture of it on Joseph Campau in front of Babicz’s while I was seeing Dr. Stein about a foot problem.
    Name:  Hamtramck 1960's-3.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  44.9 KB

Nice commercial. If only GM incorporated its production line in the streets of Hamtramck earlier -- we would still have Poletown!
    Last edited by partystore; January-29-12 at 02:59 PM.

GUSHI Guest

Quote Originally Posted by partystore View Post
    Nice commercial. If only GM incorporated its production line in the streets of Hamtramck earlier -- we would still have Poletown!
    don't just blame gm for that both cities were at fault also, plus the people living in the foremr pole town plant area could of relocated off of mt Elliott , it not gm fault Chene died , the inhabits moved out, if the poles cared so much, they wouldn't of moved to the suburbs, looks at Chene now, how many polish churches now barely hanging on, I lived by resurrection parish on miller which was a polish church, when we moved out in 93-94, there were only a few elderly poles left. They could of stayed in the city they chose not to.

GUSHI Guest

Gm tried in my view to help the city, the residents got cash, for their homes, chose to go to Warren or sterling whites, resurrection is now a Mosk, that was built by polish catholic immigrants, they left yemans moved in, they went for the burbs, how many poles left in ham town, st florian, st lads queen of apostles, all polish churches, with barely any attendance during mass, how about st joesphat, sweetest heart of mary, or st albertous there was homes in those surronding areas, the poles chose to leave, case closed don't blame gm or hamtramck or Detroit not entirely their fault.

Yeah, I was just joking. I will say though, I am happy GM's invested so much in the Hamtramck plant w/ the Volt production [[as required by the UAW agreement some years back). At least the Hamtramck plant wasn't closed and Poletown's fate in complete vain. Glad to see investment, especially w/ the Volt.