Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Retreading Waters

I am simply amazed.

http://www.freep.com/article/2012012...text|FRONTPAGE

Really?! Who might this hurt the most...Hansen Clarke?!

Hasn't Waters' role been traditionally to split the vote so that other people can win? A spoiler? What I'd give to see who's donating to this run.

Sam probably pimped her out, having all that time to think up schemes in the joint.

Wow.. This is probably going to get ugly as time goes on....So are Bert Johnson, Shanelle Jackson still going to run for the 13th District against Conyers? Heh-heh..
    I can see the candidates really lashing out at each other, ironically, when other issues should be top of mind for them.. I see the primary is in August. Another long hot summer...
    Last edited by Hypestyles; January-24-12 at 02:37 PM.

Gary Peters is loving it...how many more Detroiters will jump into race??

No doubt this hurts Clarke, though, I'm still not with the conventional wisdom that Peters has as good a chance [[even among a divided primary) as people think that he does. I think he's far too conservative for this new district, and will look kind of silly if he tries to go as far left as would be required even within these new expanded districts. If he thought Rocky was tough in his rather bland, non-dynamic former district, try playing city politics in Detroit. He's going to have to run up the score with minorities outside of the Detroit section of this district to even have a chance, IMO.

The race for the new 13th and 14th are going to be quite entertaing. Get out the popcorn, and hold onto you butts, 'cause it's going to be a wild ride.

Brenda Lawrence is going to run against Clarke, I hear