Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Red Bull air race question?

I already checked the search function but couldn't find any info. Is Hart Plaza the best/only place to watch the races from this side of the river? I plan on coming down to watch on Sunday but wasn't sure where to go? I assume they'll be charging admission as well? Where's everybody going to be watching from?

Are they going to practice this week? Last year, I think it was Wednesday and Thursday... Then they put up all the fences at Hart Plaza and we couldn't get in.

Anyone hear anything?

-- Tim

The crews were working feverishly on both sides of the border Monday erecting fences.

Oh, isn't it Windsor's show this year? Or is Detroit sharing in the tab as well? Just wondering?

last year I watched in from the Detroit Princess in the middle of the river. I'm convinced it was hands down the best seat in the house. $30 per person. We had a blast!

I just hope for Windsor's sake that they have their municipal strike cast to one side during this event. With no trash pick-up, I hope they can still deliver a good venue for all of the fans of this cool event.

Thanks, I got my tickets last night for Hart Plaza on Saturday, should be a really good time. We're staying at the BC the night before and hopefully watching the Red Wings hoist the cup.

Update: The planes are practicing right now, started at 10am.
    The course looks identical to last year- From Asian Village to Hart Plaza, on the American side of the river.

In the rain?! Hmm... I guess they're going fast enough, a little Rain-X on the windshield and they can see! -- Tim

Practice Schedule for Friday, 6/12/09
    10a – 12 noon 15 planes
    2p – 3p 15 planes

Default Red Bull Air Race this Weekend

The Red Bull Air Race is this weekend...

Here is a link to video I took just now [[Friday) of the practice. Sounds like angry bees....

VIDEO link
    Last edited by DetroitPetanque; June-12-09 at 10:50 AM.

Slideshow from Friday's practice session is up.

http://fadeddetroit.blogspot.com/200...-practice.html
    Last edited by leland_palmer; June-13-09 at 09:44 AM.

More photos, s.v.p.

15. Default

upinottawa - I've got some photos here:

http://www.internationalmetropolis.com/?p=2100