Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Feds say Detroit nightclub tied to drug deals

Detroit— Two accused drug dealers indicted recently in federal court allegedly are involved in money laundering and helped run the downtown nightclub Envy, which was raided by drug agents, according to court records obtained by The Detroit News.

The records indicate drug agents have spent almost five years investigating a large-scale drug ring and seized more than $1 million cash, classic cars and more than $130,000 in jewelry.

The haul includes a Rolex watch and engagement ring belonging to alleged drug dealer Orlando Gordon's girlfriend, Deelishis, a Detroit native who in 2006 won the VH1 reality show "Flavor of Love 2." The show featured women vying for the affection of Public Enemy rapper Flavor Flav.

The revelations surfaced days after Gordon and more than a dozen others were indicted in federal court and accused of participating in a drug operation involving thousands of pounds of cocaine and marijuana.

Federal court records chronicle a colorful back story to the high-profile drug bust and indicate Gordon headed the drug ring with a second man, Wendell Tobias of Detroit.

"This was a major drug trafficking organization that distributed cocaine and marijuana throughout the region," U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration spokesman Rich Isaacson said. "There are aspects of the investigation that are continuing so that's all I can comment on at this point."

Continued at:
    http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...ied-drug-deals

Occurrence Guest

All this does is open up another network. The "Drug War" is such a waste of time and money.

Where are the people on this website that claim the clubs aren't causing the problems?

What I would like to know is why the Detroit News can print this mans name and picture along with his girlfriend who apparently is not involved[[but is apparently stupid) while the West Bloomfield "businessman" has no name or picture whatsoever. If you are going to tell the story, tell the whole story.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by internet_pseudopod View Post
    What I would like to know is why the Detroit News can print this mans name and picture along with his girlfriend who apparently is not involved[[but is apparently stupid) while the West Bloomfield "businessman" has no name or picture whatsoever. If you are going to tell the story, tell the whole story.
    There could be lots of reasons for this, I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post

Really.....head meet sand....

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    There could be a good reason. I wont jump to conclusions. I just want to know why the "businessman" has his name on legal documents with these individuals, including the club that everyone here[[on DY) hated. One could assume some of these documents are a matter of public record and therefore not a secret. Yet his name isn't printed.

Meanwhile, Orlando Gordon and his semi famous girlfriend have their names and pictures printed along with the name of his illegal business partner. In the real kicker they essentially tell you what block he lives on. It's dead end street so short it barely appears on Google maps if you don't zoom in. I am sure the neighbors are real happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    Where are the people on this website that claim the clubs aren't causing the problems?
    Well, one could say that funneling dope through the clubs keeps more of it off the streets, which is where all those young men keep killing each other. Just a thought.

I have a friend whose main source of weed is Riverfront Towers. There's a guy who lives there that does a lot of business. I don't think weed is the problem.

I think the problem is combining alcohol and violent music with illegal weapons, people with anger/emotional management issues, a deficit of security, young men with an ample supply of testosterone, scantily clad women, and an environment that tolerates aggressive, non-verbal antagonistic communication.

It doesn't matter what race they are. You put all those things in one place, it's a powder keg.

Honestly, the marijuana consumption probably does more to reduce the violence if anything else.