Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit Cody High School teacher found dead in home

Some Detroit students are mourning the death of their teacher after he was found dead in his home this week.

Dawon Joiner, an English teacher at Cody High School, was discovered shot in the head Wednesday in the bedroom of his home on Sussex. Family members said the 33-year-old’s car is also missing. Police said there’s no sign of forced entry to his home.
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/D...j/-/index.html

Sad.......

It's sad that a Cody High School teacher was murder in his own home the ghettohoods of Detroit. There are lots of Detroit Public School Teachers are trying their very best to get some at risk underpriviledge kids from their broken homes to fine decent 'American Dream' home with some education skills.

DPS teachers had to go through risky obsticles from their homes to school. Some of them even got mugged, or beat up on their way. I heard these reports when I was in Detroit Public Schools long ago. My sympathy to the DPS Cody High School teacher and their families. To all DPS teachers in each district. Don't give up on the kids because they are the keys to keep the human race alive and human civilization going.

Detroit Teacher: Very glad to hear it wasn't you...was worried when I didn't see you post on this thread for a while. My sympathies to to the family and the students and everyone who know this teacher.

I was wondering the same thing, but I don't see where DT has posted.

Wonderful words Danny.... teachers need the support more than ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    DPS teachers had to go through risky obsticles from their homes to school. Some of them even got mugged, or beat up on their way. I heard these reports when I was in Detroit Public Schools long ago. My sympathy to the DPS Cody High School teacher and their families. To all DPS teachers in each district. Don't give up on the kids because they are the keys to keep the human race alive and human civilization going.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, but I don't see where DT has posted.
    Your right, Meddle..I must have read it wrong when I saw Detroit Stylin....darn...now I'm worried again

Blue, I think the person was a man.

Stromberg2

Thanks, Stromberg...I didn't know if DetroitTeacher was a man or a woman. Can I stop worrying now? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Blueidone View Post
    Thanks, Stromberg...I didn't know if DetroitTeacher was a man or a woman. Can I stop worrying now? LOL
    Detroitteacher's profile shows activity as of 6:30 this morning, so I think it's same to assume he/she was not the victim.

Thank you, Johnnny5! Guess I should have thought to check that. Duh!

I am most definately a "she teacher". I wasn't posting because I was more concerned for the kids and was focusing on them. I've put in some long hours the past few days and have been fielding phone calls from everyone I know wanting the "scoop". I have no other scoop except what's been reported in the media and that I have it on good authority that they found his car. Out of respect for Dwyone, I won't be commenting on his life or death in a public forum, other than this: No one deserved to die the way he did.

I do thank everyone for their concern about me, though. I assure everyone that I am fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueidone View Post
    Detroit Teacher: Very glad to hear it wasn't you...was worried when I didn't see you post on this thread for a while. My sympathies to to the family and the students and everyone who know this teacher.
    Last edited by DetroitTeacher; January-21-12 at 01:39 PM.

God bless, DetroitTeacher...for everything you do for the kids.