Thread: Perry Drops Bid

Down goes Perry! Down goes Perry!

Such a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    Such a non-issue.

Well he did bring a lot of humor to the race and I am sad to see THAT go

What do the folks in Texas see in that guy.... Oh wait I'll go ask lit joe

lit joe Guest

A state in the green. No city or state taxes. 25 million plus and growing. Low property taxes, Four new congressional districts. Co ops we own the water and electric companys non profit. A lake in front national forest around me. All land comes with mineral rights. Two acres plus. Lots of conseratives that keep things right. 13th largest economy in the world. Rick Perry keeps it going very smooth,

I'll bet he kept it real smooth while he was off campaigning for months on end.

Quote Originally Posted by lit joe View Post
    A state in the green. No city or state taxes. 25 million plus and growing. Low property taxes, Four new congressional districts. Co ops we own the water and electric companys non profit. A lake in front national forest around me. All land comes with mineral rights. Two acres plus. Lots of conseratives that keep things right. 13th largest economy in the world. Rick Perry keeps it going very smooth,
    6th highest poverty rate in the country - 18+% , and one of the fastest growing poverty rates, one of the highest rates of people with no health insurance. The highest percentage of minimum wage - 9.5% [[tied with Mississippi). 550,000 working for LESS than minimum wage. What a paradise!!!

lit joe Guest

When I saw pictures of where I grew up on third & forest today compare to 1966 when I left, I can only thank God for Texas. You're in a pit with more poverty than I've ever seen. Third st was a money making place now homeless burnout dump. The poorest place in texas is paradise when compared to the pictures on line. Your state is over taxed broke going down hill, How about that chevy volt burn baby burn.

Good... Too bad Paul doesn't do the same.

When I saw pictures of where I grew up on third & forest today compare to 1966 when I left, I can only thank God for Texas. You're in a pit with more poverty than I've ever seen. Third st was a money making place now homeless burnout dump. The poorest place in texas is paradise when compared to the pictures on line. Your state is over taxed broke going down hill, How about that chevy volt burn baby burn.
    Low blow, you take one hood in Detroit and compare it to the state of Texas. I could probably make the same case with the 5th ward in Houston or the Westside in Dallas it wouldn't be any worst than third and forest in Detroit

Don't mess with Texas, I guess?

In terms of sustainability, however.... Michigan has fresh water [[and it rains).

wow, that dude got mean quick.
    I think Texas has a lot going for itself, I just dont think much credit goes to Perry.
    The guy just seems clueless to me

When I saw pictures of where I grew up on third & forest today compare to 1966 when I left, I can only thank God for Texas. You're in a pit with more poverty than I've ever seen.
    Yeah, lit joe, the downtown area of the place you live now, that you mentioned in another thread, looks pretty spiffy.

Attachment 11847

Sounds like a great place to work too.
    The per capita income for the city was $15,674. About 14.1% of families and 20.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 31.5% of those under age 18 and 18.6% of those age 65 or over.

lit joe
    A state in the green. No city or state taxes. 25 million plus and growing. Low property taxes, Four new congressional districts. Co ops we own the water and electric companys non profit. Rick Perry keeps it going very smooth.

He sure does. Like slashing the budget for volunteer fire departments across the state by 75%. The majority of Texas is protected by volunteer fire departments. "There are 879 volunteer fire departments in Texas and only 114 paid fire departments. In some cases, fire officials say, firefighters have had to pay out of pocket for basic necessities like proper protective gear and fuel to get them to the scene." He even laid off over half the firefighters in Houston.

Then when Texas was on fire earlier this year he requested money from the federal government. He even complained that he didn't receive the money fast enough.

lit joe Guest

thats hemphill I live in fairmount tx . the picture you show is now a casserole to go and remodeled what does the willis show bar look like today. Remember our stores don't have bullet proof glass and you don't fear for your life when you go shopping, The next escape from movie will be about your city not mine. When you pay your water bill you donate to the fire dept. And the local shell station gives them all their fuel. And the money to G.M your the biggest beggar of all.

Perry drops his bid and can't remember where it went to. lol

Oops!.......

http://atmo.tamu.edu/osc/TXclimat.html

"The broad swath of Texas from the mid-Rio Grande Valley to the Pecos Valley has a Subtropical Steppe climate and is typified by semi-arid to arid conditions."

[Sounds close to desert conditions. How do you like your cactus, rare or well-done?]

lit joe Guest

It was 74 yesterday and the cactus are in bloom. Think I'll make some tequila today.