Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Default Michigan Republican Primary: VOTE FOR RON PAUL ! ! !

In the upcoming 2012 Michigan Primary, I encourage all people to vote for Ron Paul!

He is the best logical choice for the Republican Nomination.

1. He is a true conservative.
    2. He is not a Mormon.

Name:  RonPaulFlag.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  26.5 KB

No !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HistoryNotHisStory View Post
    In the upcoming 2012 Michigan Primary, I encourage all people to vote for Ron Paul!

He is the best logical choice for the Republican Nomination.

1. He is a true conservative.
    2. He is not a Mormon.

Name:  RonPaulFlag.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  26.5 KB
    Go back and read about libertianism, there views on drugs and war among other things don't match up with number 1

So you would vote for a the Moderate Mormon?

What's wrong with a moderate Mormon or a moderate Catholic or a moderate Muslim or a moderate Budhist or a moderate Atheist, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Jman View Post
    What's wrong with a moderate Mormon or a moderate Catholic or a moderate Muslim or a moderate Budhist or a moderate Atheist, etc?
    A Conservative Protestant [[which makes up the Republican base) is unlikely to vote for a Mormon, Muslim, Buddhist or an Atheist.

Some why have someone represent the Republican Party that will not have an enthusiastic base.

The name of the game is to win!!!

If the Republicans want to win they surely will not vote for Ron Paul.

If the Republicans want to win they surely will not vote for Ron Paul.

So the Republicans are to follow the who the Republican Establishment put before them without any scrutiny?

Even if the guy does not line up with the ideas of Ronald Reagan...

Ron Paul has come in second place on every primary. If Newt gets out of the way, Mr. Paul wins the nomination.

Republicans can do whatever they want.

Ron Paul was third in Iowa.

Did you see the numbers?

By all means my good man it was a three-way tie!

You sound like man pandering to the liberal media.

I'm a Paul supporter but I think that being Mormon is a little bit of a plus and don't see that as a negative. Paul and Romney are the only two Republican candidates getting the independent vote which is needed to win the general election.

Doing the math, we have four Republican candidates and Obama with a belligerent foreign policy. Meanwhile 70% of Americans and Ron Paul want to get out of Afghanistan. Ron Paul's numbers have over doubled in the last four years while Romney's have been stagnant and Obama's followers have lost some of their enthusiasm.

If 'conservative' is meant to mean neocon, then Ron Paul is not a conservative. However, he is more of a fiscal conservative than any of the neocons.

HistoryNotHisStory

Romney--- 30,015---25%

Santorum--30,007---25%

Paul---------26,219---21%

I took these numbers off of the Fox News Site just for you.

Still looks like Paul ran third.

Do you have different numbers than Fox News?

HistoryNotHisStory

Romney--- 30,015---25%

Santorum--30,007---25%

Paul---------26,219---21%

I took these numbers off of the Fox News Site just for you.

Still looks like Paul ran third.

Do you have different numbers than Fox News?
    A 4% different is an approximate tie.

VOTE FOR RON PAUL!!!

The Republican ballot in Michigan includes Obama. I say bunches of Dems switch over and vote for Obama!

Here is my opinion and prediction: Mitt Romney wins Republican nomination, Ron Paul runs as Indepenent and splits Republicans, Obama wins general election.

Ron Paul has a Snowballs chance in Hell of winning the Republican nomination, much less a general election.

Jump on my all you want....its an opinion and prediction. In November I will either be right or wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Searay215 View Post
    Here is my opinion and prediction: Mitt Romney wins Republican nomination, Ron Paul runs as Indepenent and splits Republicans, Obama wins general election.

Ron Paul has a Snowballs chance in Hell of winning the Republican nomination, much less a general election.

Jump on my all you want....its an opinion and prediction. In November I will either be right or wrong.
    Opinions are always welcome, just back it up. BTW I just happen to think you are 100% on the mark

Quote Originally Posted by Searay215 View Post

The only way I'm jumping on you is to join your bandwagon. You're absolutely correct. The Republicans are their own worst enemy.

[[Don't no one be jumping on me, either....I'm Republican!)

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    the republican ballot in michigan includes obama. I say bunches of dems switch over and vote for obama!
    no! No! No!

Vote for ron paul!!

no! No! No!

Vote for ron paul!!

sorry, not voting with someone who I agree with on 1/3 of the issues, who is dead wrong on 1/3 and looney tunes on the other 1/3

The name of the game is to win!!!
    People should reject this notion.

The name of the "game" should be to support one another for a better country. All we see people do these days, worse than ever, is to hold America hostage while they play partisan games. November 2012 suddenly we will see Congress start to do their job? Please fire all of them of all parties.

Yeah, let's vote for the guy who wants to bring back the gold standard, which would send inflation through the roof and send the global economy into a [[possibly irrecoverable) tailspin. We'll be living in caves before you know it, which it seems, is exactly the kind of society Dr. Paul wants.

"The name of the game is to win!!!"

I agree with that objective depending on what you mean by "win". In the current political climate "winning" for me would be dumping Obama and not having Paul replace him. And I think there's a reasonable possibility of that "winning" combination happening.

Occurrence Guest

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Go back and read about libertianism, there views on drugs and war among other things don't match up with number 1
    Actually yes they do. The "drug war" and other pointless wars goes against conservative beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    Yeah, let's vote for the guy who wants to bring back the gold standard, which would send inflation through the roof and send the global economy into a [[possibly irrecoverable) tailspin. We'll be living in caves before you know it, which it seems, is exactly the kind of society Dr. Paul wants.
    From a vetalalumni post found on the Republican candidate thread,

“Paul’s portfolio isn’t merely different,” said an astonished Journal, “it’s shockingly different.” Twenty-one percent of his $2.4 to $5.5 million was in real estate, 14 percent in cash. He owns no bonds. Only 0.1 percent is invested in stocks, and Paul bought these “short,” betting the price will plunge. Every other nickel is sunk into gold and silver mining companies.
    Ron Paul walks the walk. How has that hurt him? While your candidates keep printing money and telling us the economy is turning around and Social Security recipients received no cost of living increases for three years because the government said there was none, Ron Paul put his money where his mouth was. In the last ten years, gold has increased 5x in value as measured in dollars or the dollar buys only one-fifth as much gold. Take your pick. Had the government bought gold with its social security taxes instead of paying for wars and Wall Street bailouts, Social Security recipients could potentially be receiving five times as much as they are and enjoyed some of the prosperity Ron Paul has chosen.

Inflation is when the government or Fed inflates the money supply so that more dollars are chasing roughly the same amount of goods and services resulting in higher prices which we call inflation. This is supply/demand 101. Big government types prefer fiat currency such as our Federal Reserve notes backed by nothing because the fiat money system allows politicians to buy votes with a hidden inflation tax. I realize the difficulty you would have financing unpopular wars and plumping up Wall Street if you couldn't print money. Self discipline is such a drag.

semi related and edited to add: Ron Paul returned over $148,000 of his congressional budget to the Treasury. Senator Rand Paul turned over $500, of his Senate office budget back to the Treasury. Ron Paul left the campaign trail to vote against SOPA in the House and Sen. Rand Paul said that he intends to filibuster PIPA in the Senate. Your revered former Senator Dodd is leading the charge for SOPA/PIPA. If it passes, say goodbye to this forum.
    Last edited by oladub; January-19-12 at 12:24 PM.

Occurrence Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    As opposed to voting for candidates who increase our national debt, take away our personal liberties, and keep our troops overseas in expensive unwinnable wars?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast