Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Special treatment for Matty & Kwame?

Why are criminals like Grosse Pointe Shores billionaire Manuel " Matty" Moroun and former Detroit mayor Kwame Kilpatrick allowed to order meals from high end Detroit restaurants while in prison? Is this a common practice for all prisoners in Detroit jails? Do state and federal prisons also allow bigwigs to do this? Did Matty also order champagne while in the cooler?

Nah, I think the champagne was a gift.

Actually FOR Kwhyme, but they never cleaned out the suite.

E-e-w-w.

That means Matty slept on those sheets.

He'd better get checked for STDs now.

Quote Originally Posted by 9606 Prest View Post
    Why are criminals like Grosse Pointe Shores billionaire Manuel " Matty" Moroun and former Detroit mayor Kwame Kilpatrick allowed to order meals from high end Detroit restaurants while in prison?
    The article I saw said Fatty Moron got chicken fried steak while he was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    The article I saw said Fatty Moron got chicken fried steak while he was there.
    That was later amended to indicate he and Stamper received food from the DAC. The sheriff stated that this is standard practice since Maroun claimed he needed the meal since he had to eat a very specific diet due to his heart issues. Not too sure how a diet impacts the lack of heart.

Quote Originally Posted by 9606 Prest View Post
    Why are criminals like Grosse Pointe Shores billionaire Manuel " Matty" Moroun and former Detroit mayor Kwame Kilpatrick allowed to order meals from high end Detroit restaurants while in prison?
    Because our entire society is built around irrational deference to rich assholes?

What's the DAC?

Detroit Athletic Club.

Private for the hoity-toity and muckety-muck "we're better than you" crowd.

Thanks, I hope he didn't tell them he has a heart condition and has to eat chicken fried steak.

The old man spent about a day in a private cell with a private bathroom along with his attorney, he had food brought in from the DAC.

I sure hope he has repaid his debt to society and learned his lesson after all that.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Thanks, I hope he didn't tell them he has a heart condition and has to eat chicken fried steak.
    Isn't fried foods discouraged in any heart-smart diet?

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    Isn't fried foods discouraged in any heart-smart diet?
    Yes. I was being ironical.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    What's the DAC?

I think it's the last place downtown with fetal schwarma and runaway stew on the menu. Tough for a cannibal to get his fix nowadays, I guess.

Funny how Matty and Stamper blamed the MDOT on the delays leading to all their problems. Would you not think that people as astute as them would have immediately besieged the court highlighting these delays if they were on the up and up? That depot is true testament to where they're at.