Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Armed robber kills while stealing purses

Last edited by Zacha341; January-16-12 at 10:43 PM.

SteveJ Guest

The city has no hope except for little pockets downtown. What a shithole.

I hope they find the scumbag before anyone else gets hurt.

Wasn't the Blackberry bar also connected to the girls that were found murdered in the burned out cars a few weeks back?

SteveJ, I hate to hear you talk like that.

But unfortunately, over the past year I'm starting to hear more and more of those comments. It seems as though people are giving up on the city again...

Quote Originally Posted by illwill View Post

But unfortunately, over the past year I'm starting to hear more and more of those comments. It seems as though people are giving up on the city again...
    How do you figure "again?"

This is Rosedale Park, BTW.

Arguably the best neighborhood on the West Side.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    This is Rosedale Park, BTW.

Arguably the best neighborhood on the West Side.
    That can be debated [[lol).....Its one of the nicest on the Westside, but University Commons as its now called can give it a major run for its money. This area includes Bagley, University District, Palmer Woods, Sherwood Forest, Green Acres, Palmer Park and the Detroit Golf "Subdivisions".

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    This is Rosedale Park, BTW. Arguably the best neighborhood on the West Side.
    The Blackberry Bar is on the SE corner of Grand River and Patton Street at the old Walsh's Pub location. This is about .5 mile northwest of Rosedale Park [[and Evergreen Road).

After Jordan's at Fenkell and Grand River closed, some of the clientele went on to Walsh's Pub. I don't know when Walsh's closed.

Jordan's thread.
    Last edited by vetalalumni; January-17-12 at 01:47 AM.

Claudia, the girl who was killed, was a former student of mine. VERY nice young lady and she would have willingly given up her purse. This is just SAD! I see more of my former students in the obits than I care to...

I'm sorry to here this DT. That fact that she was shot like this is especially troubling and heinous. There's active hate and evil on these streets now and I'm not believing the economy is the main driving force.

It's getting really bad and the environment is starting to effect my daily choices, I go out less alone at night and while I don't do clubs it's a shame you cannot even go out with friends to hear music and have a social drink. Or purchase gas at many stations in the city. I'm pretty hearty but feeling less safe just doing basic things...
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitTeacher View Post
    Claudia, the girl who was killed, was a former student of mine. VERY nice young lady and she would have willingly given up her purse. This is just SAD! I see more of my former students in the obits than I care to...
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-17-12 at 06:51 AM.

Yes, and even those areas are becoming less safe. The criminals know policing is getting sparce especially at night. It's their territory after dark, to pick off people... but some folks are packing heat [[armed) and not willing to be a victim!
    Quote Originally Posted by De'troiter View Post
    That can be debated [[lol).....Its one of the nicest on the Westside, but University Commons as its now called can give it a major run for its money. This area includes Bagley, University District, Palmer Woods, Sherwood Forest, Green Acres, Palmer Park and the Detroit Golf "Subdivisions".

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by truthseeker View Post
    open carry.....problem solved....
    Keep seeking; you're not there yet.

It's hard to stay positive, we're already into a crime wave and its only mid January - middle of WINTER! Did Godbee [[the city) hire back those police that were laid off a couple of weeks ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by illwill View Post

Hmm, opinions will vary here. I think the element of 'surprise' may be better for stopping the criminal seeking helpless prey to find them not so helpless!
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-17-12 at 07:51 AM.

I also knew the girl who was killed. Very sad situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    It's hard to stay positive, we're already into a crime wave and its only mid January - middle of WINTER! Did Godbee [[the city) hire back those police that were laid off a couple of weeks ago?
    It's less the number of officers and more the police force as a body. I cant remember DPD garnering respect from peers, the public or criminals in decades.

Most homicides in Detroit ghettoes go unsolved. By the end of 2012 there will be over 500 innocent people will be killed in Detroit.
    Last edited by Danny; January-17-12 at 11:57 AM.

What a senseless tragedy.

Sorry ihearthed and DetroitTeacher.
    Last edited by jolla; January-17-12 at 10:26 AM.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    They haven't been laid off yet. I think Godbee is trying to get the Feds to reconfigure a couple of grants to keep some of them. Hope it works because Detroit is worse than the old wild West and people are shooting others just for the thrill of it. There was no reason for the robber to shoot that poor girl, she gave up her purse. I think now, the thugs are trying for notches on their weapons!

This is why I have avoided Detroit like the plague over the past few years. When I heard this story it really made me sad. These crims are out for Blood. They will kill you at the drop of a hat. I dont know what could be done other than adding more police and the threat of a death penalty. My heart goes out to the family of the victim.

I so don't want to start this argument, but .....

Why would anyone believe that being able to openly carry stop anything? If some crackhead wants to rob you badly enough and has no regard for human life, they'll just do it before you even know it happened.

Hide in shadows, two to the chest, guy gets your wallet/bag/purse, has taken your life AND they've got a nice gun to use next time to boot.

No, I don't know what the answers are, but I just don't buy the "everyone has a gun so by default that makes everyone safe" angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post

Wasn't the Blackberry bar also connected to the girls that were found murdered in the burned out cars a few weeks back?
    First time ever responding to my own question, but it appears as if the "Blackberry Bar" should be avoided at all costs.

http://www.examiner.com/criminal-pro...-bar-and-grill
    Last edited by Johnnny5; January-17-12 at 02:14 PM.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, though I may get flamed, it's time for the national guard or something to that effect. This probably wasn't a crackhead, more like a gang initiation. The gangs are taking over Detroit and that is a very scary thought.

Stromberg2

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, though I may get flamed, it's time for the national guard or something to that effect. This probably wasn't a crackhead, more like a gang initiation. The gangs are taking over Detroit and that is a very scary thought.

Stromberg2

I'd much rather see them here rebuilding the city and defending it's residents than protecting oil wells and Israel in the Middle East.

We need more decoy purses with exploding dye packs.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast