Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default cruise ship sinks off the coast of Italy

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-...earch-resumes/

I apologize if this has already been started as a thread

The captain of the ship and his officer were arrested. The news is saying the captain was one of the first ones to get off the boat and neither the captain or the crew gave any type of orders to the passengers on how to get off the ship safely. They also said that this was the result of the captain showing off to a dancer or waitress crew member on the boat.

I'm interested to hear any thoughts you guys have about this

He rocked the boat,
    Did Ezra Shrank.
    These bubbles mark
    o
    o
    o
    o
    o
    Where Ezra sank.

Considering there was over 4000 passengers and crew, the current reported loss of life, of 6 up to a potential total of 24 is a miracle considering it happened at night and we are told by the Media there was no organized help for the passengers. I think it will dampen world wide sales of cruises for several years; especially European. I know I'm not a potential passenger ever. All these ships look top heavy to my eye.

Yeah, what a mess ala the Titanic revisited in terms of life saving measures gone wrong, non existent, side opened up to the sea like a can opener done it!

I've always said I don't get into any boat unless it has a case of stairs -- it is of some size and therefore not subject to just flip over, but gee-whiz this thing rolled over like a 8 ft Bayliner! Well not exactly, but there was gross negligence for sure. And I've thought these mega ships too top-heavy as well.......
    Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    Considering there was over 4000 passengers and crew, the current reported loss of life, of 6 up to a potential total of 24 is a miracle considering it happened at night and we are told by the Media there was no organized help for the passengers. I think it will dampen world wide sales of cruises for several years; especially European. I know I'm not a potential passenger ever. All these ships look top heavy to my eye.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-16-12 at 09:56 PM.