Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default A Detroit Road Trip [[Cell Phone pictures)

Hey all,
    Thought I'd just share a few quick photos I took on my phone. A couple friends and I headed to Detroit for the Red Wings-Blackhawks game and the Autoshow. Had Supinos in Eastern Market after which was excellent. Same with the atmosphere. The community tables allowed us to chat with some other residents and visitors. Went to a few bars in Ann Arbor the headed back the next morning. Just like to say my times spent in Detroit are always great and memorable.

Left Chicago early morning at 5:00 AM. When we got to Michigan roads were snowy

Stopped for gas and got a few photos of rural scenes

Boarding the DPM at Cadillac Center. I had absolutely forgotten how robotic the People mover voice is.

The snowy Woodward canyon

At the game

Heading over to Cobo after

Penobscots

Autoshow

Snowtime

Compuware / CM

National Theater

Dinnertime

At some point in Ann Arbor I was too tired to keep taking photos

Heading back, Stateline generating plant in Hammond. It closes in a few weeks and will remain closed until it can be retrofitted by a different company or be converted entirely into something else.

Ryan in toward the Loop. 22nd Street is entirely made up. It acts as a placeholder so drivers can gauge their proximity as the streets count down, but they'll never find such a street. There's an exit that takes you to Cermak / Chinatown and 55 / LSD

Back home

Nice shots wolverine. What phone do you have? I will be in the market for a new one soon.

Nice shots!

Very cool, hope you had fun.
    Cant believe you havent gotten more posts.
    Thank you

These are cell phone pic's,Wolverine? Fantastic shots and nice trip-o-log!

Nice pics, Wolverine! Thanks!

Stromberg2

Really enjoyed this photo essay. Wolverine, you have a great eye!!

Thanks everyone! I shot it on an iphone 4s. You can technically get far better picture quality, but I was using an app to give the photos a vintage look. Looking forward to visiting again in a few weeks

Here's two untouched photos I took during the fall

WOW, great work!

I see show, we don't have snow in Australian cities

Nice pizza too!

Pity your road trip did/nt take u anywhere near 8200 Mack :-)

Detroit: appropriately gray and solemn. Chicago: nothing but blue skies? In fact the climates are the same.

My Dad said that when he returned to Detroit from France during WWII, it was the low dull clouds that really made him feel back at home.

Your pix make Detroit look as good as Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    Your pix make Detroit look as good as Chicago.
    yeah except with Supino pizza, yuck, should've went to Buddys

While Buddy's will always be my number one, Supino's is not bad at all.

Great pics!

Supino's is quite possibly the best pizza I've ever had!!

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    Supino's is quite possibly the best pizza I've ever had!!
    So u have not been to Italy then?

The look *ok* in any case i cannot give it a high mark due to not been cooked in a non wood fired oven

Bit harsh i know, but anyway.....move on!

Cheers

NO!

Not at all happy with the writing/script i see in the 4th photo

This is America [or in my case Australia] WE SPEAK/WRITE English/American/Australian, learn, love or leave!

NEXT!

Cheers

By that rule, Aussie, all our signs should be in Anishinaabemowin here, with the subheads in English. The native language of our Turtle Island is not English.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    By that rule, Aussie, all our signs should be in Anishinaabemowin here, with the subheads in English. The native language of our Turtle Island is not English.
    Stumped me, don't know where/what that is?

As for turtles aboriginals are allowed to kill and eat them, other Australians are not even allowed to touch them, reverse racism?

In any case Middle East background people are a REAL issue here in AUS, they are behind the drugs, major crimes and gangs, this is a fact, our gaols [JAILS!] are full of them filth, *we* gave them everything that they wanted, own schools and churches, dress as they want, live in there own areas, speak there own lingo etc but they still wont act in a normal and civil way.

Can we send them on loan to USA?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE View Post
    NO!

Not at all happy with the writing/script i see in the 4th photo

This is America [or in my case Australia] WE SPEAK/WRITE English/American/Australian, learn, love or leave!

NEXT!

Cheers
    While your enthusiasm for this area [[or building) is noted, please also note that our little area used to boast the largest Middle Eastern population outside of the Middle East.

Second, all language should be cherished. Diversity in language is always a good thing. The "This is America, learn English or leave" gag is BS, and says a lot about you as a person.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    BS, Good luck.
    "Opinion noted" [Arnie!]

U are speaking to the converted, my DNA is Italian [NOT convict stock!]

BS... = Briggs&Stratton, another US icon [Made In China...grrrrrr!]

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE View Post
    ... speak there own lingo....
    That was my daily chuckle.