Searching for my mom's younger sister, Bernice June Foster, born 9-27-1926 in Detroit. Rose and Jasper Foster were the parents of three daughters, Margaret Louise 1-5-1924; Bonnie Jean 5-9-1925 [[my mom) and Bernice June 9-27-1926. They lived at 2427 John R. St. Detroit. Around April 1927 Rose and Jasper decided to split.. Jasper took Margaret to Yates/Berea/Richmond, Ky. area to be raised by his relatives... Bonnie Jean was placed in an orphanage and adopted from there in Nov. 1927, and Bernice June was supposedly given to someone who may have lived at the 2427 John R. St. address. I have a listing of the people who lived at that address, but of course it was 85 years ago and those people are more than likely deceased. My mom Bonnie Jean and the sister Margaret are deceased as are Rose and Jasper. We could never figure out what happened to Bernice June, and after searching for over 30 years, I am still unable to find out what happened to her. I have a copy of the birth certificate for Bernice. Does anyone know anybody who may have lived in that area/building in 1926/1927 or have any ideas that I can try? Remember, I have been searching for 30 years, so there isn't too much that I haven't done, but any ideas are always welcome. Bernice more than likely had a name change and the family who took her probably left the state. SS is unable to pull up her birth name. There must be a system that can identify people with a date of birth. The name Bernice was very popular in those days, and many were born in 1926. All help will be very much appreciated. queeny1319@aol.com

Kris