Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Building Identification

North of Custer, East of Woodward, South of Bethune, West of John R.

Sorry I don't have a picture, but this building is really hard to miss.

Does anyone know what this tall, beautiful art-deco building is / previously was? Looks like it is still in operation.

I think the address might be 140 E. Bethune
    Last edited by coloroflaw; January-15-12 at 04:54 PM.

I think that building had something to do with Michigan Bell..I could be wrong though.

Yep. You're right.

"Another classic gothic style office originally constructed by Michigan Bell in the 1920s. Madison was also known as "Bethune" for the street it is located upon. It was the home to the WWV HF receiver antenna [[see an extreme top of photo) that received daily updates and allowed Bell system clock synchronization and gave the "time lady" announcements we are all so familiar with."