Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Better Made potato chips + National Coney Island Chili --> Chili chips!

Anyone try these yet??

One good chip

Two Detroit icons, Better Made potato chips and National Coney Island, have teamed up to produce a delicious-tasting, chili-flavored chip. The new chips are currently available at all 21 National Coney Islands throughout Metro Detroit and will be used at all National Coney Island catering functions; plans are in development to have the chips commercially available in retail stores. The National Coney Island Chili Flavored Potato Chips combine Better Made's award-winning potato chip with National Coney Island's unique chili seasoning resulting in a flavorful, crunchy chip for both chili and chip fans. Price is 50 cents per 1-ounce bag.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...E05/Good-stuff

Kind of like a collision between peanut butter and chocolate resulting in Reeses, huh?

Good news!

SteveJ Guest

I saw them on the news last week. They are supposed to be in stores pretty soon. I can't wait to try them. Love Better Made.

I'd try it if the chili was from Lafayette.

Better Made website says August 14

http://bmchips.com/better-made-natio...ey-island.aspx

That was a past fundraiser. 2010, since they mention it being held in conjunction with Better Made's 80th anniversary [[see the anniversary logo at the bottom).

You can get the single-serving bags for 50 cents at National Coney Island restaurants.

Look for the bigger bags soon in stores that carry Better Made products.

Better Made's BBQ chips are the best! Yummy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    That was a past fundraiser. 2010, since they mention it being held in conjunction with Better Made's 80th anniversary [[see the anniversary logo at the bottom).

You can get the single-serving bags for 50 cents at National Coney Island restaurants.

Look for the bigger bags soon in stores that carry Better Made products.

We have the personal bags in stores already. People seem to like them, although I find them reallllly salty.

In a feeble atttempt to eat healthier, I picked up a bag of the Better Made Lightly Salted chips last week. They have 50% less sodium and I was sure I would hate them. What a surprise. I really like them. A purer potatoe taste. Looking forward to trying the coney chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian1979 View Post

Absolutly!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian1979 View Post
    You are [[sort of) in luck--Lafayette gets it's chili from the National Chili Company. Of course, they add their special touches...

Yummmmmyyyy!!! I picked up a couple bags at our local National Coney Island. Both the Grillmaster and I give them the thumbs up!!!!