Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Kathleen Edward, the girl bullied by her neighbours, dies at the age of 9.

Kathleen Edward, the girl bullied by her neighbours,

I posted the story on this bourd. It was all over the news, all over the world, including the Netherlands. Here's the thread.

Today, as I was searching for fresh news about [[ex-) jailbird Matty Moroun, I saw the sad announcement that Kathleen Edward, the girl bullied by her neighbours, has succumed to the desease that was ravaging in her brain. She was only nine years old. I'ts pointless to post what happened early 2011. You can read in in the link above but I'm sure most of you will remember the troll living next door, bullying her.

Kathleen Edward touches the nose of her grandmother Becky Rose, of Trenton at Mott Children's Hospital in Ann Arbor on Oct. 14, 2010. / PATRICIA BECK/Detroit Free Press

Detroit free Press article.

Sometimes the life is so unfair....

Rest in peace, little Kathleen.

Yes, rest in peace, Kathleen.

Stromberg2

Kathleen was such a pretty little girl. May she fly with the angels!

Such a sad story. She looked like a wonderful little girl.

For those of you wanting to know more about the disease that took this girl from her family, read here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001775/

... may flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

You have to be a really special POS to bully a terminally ill little girl and her family. This whole story just boggled my mind because it was so unbelievable. This behavior from a woman, a wife and mother herself? I don't think I've ever seen such a thing in my lifetime. I worry about her own children, they were being raised by her, help us all as they move around society!

Rest in peace, beautiful Kathleen! Prayers go out to her family and her little sisters too. It's comforting to know that she's with her mom now.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    You have to be a really special POS to bully a terminally ill little girl and her family. This whole story just boggled my mind because it was so unbelievable. This behavior from a woman, a wife and mother herself? I don't think I've ever seen such a thing in my lifetime. I worry about her own children, they were being raised by her, help us all as they move around society!

Rest in peace, beautiful Kathleen! Prayers go out to her family and her little sisters too. It's comforting to know that she's with her mom now.
    I would have had a really hard time living on that street knowing what was going on.
    I was infuriated just reading about this story. I've never been in a fight or hit anyone, but I would have either stopped those two from doing what they were doing or would have ended up in jail trying to stop it. If someone started messing around with my 9 year old niece and she had a terminal illness and just lost her mother they'd be in big trouble.

sounds like a job for the knee cap assassin
    poor kid. People really are shit

Grown people bullying a sick 9 year old child. Love thy neighbor alright...

And that same woman that bullied that child tried to run over her neighbor with her car. That lady is a very sick person.

R.I.P Kathleen

What an awful story. I read some of the background on this and its heart wrenching. The poor girl lost her mother in 2009 to the same disease which alone would be devastating to a 7 year old.
    Its hard to comment on the people who taunted her.
    Only good that might come out of this is some awarness of the disease called Huntingtons.