Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Realize what a commercial airline pilot gets paid? Not that I believe these women are gold diggers. I just think someone saw "An Officer and a Gentleman" one too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by mjs View Post
    Realize what a commercial airline pilot gets paid? Not that I believe these women are gold diggers. I just think someone saw "An Officer and a Gentleman" one too many times.

Folks, I was being facetious. Clearly, I thought, but then, maybe not.

When someone makes a statement, and then says, "seriously,.......", that means the previous statement was said tongue in cheek. Especially when "...bless them..". figures in there. Read all the words, you guys. I am the daughter of a WWII vet and ALWAYS support our military people. God bless them, indeed.

I was just saying that there are those who value certain qualities over others.

The Case for Working with Your Hands

Sorry, Kathy2Trips. I use sarcasm too and wonder if it always comes across as such on the internet. Thats twice I missed sarcasm.

When I saw this, it made me think of this thread. Gallup polled this question too.
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/12748/Bus...r-Ratings.aspx

ccbatson Guest

Aircraft carriers launch and land commercial aircraft now?

No, I was referencing the fact that most commercial airline pilots come from the armed forces. Lucky bastards get to make like $200k for working 30 to 40 hours a month, flying planes, and visiting cool places and the women dig it.

ccbatson Guest

So, women hang out on aircraft carriers because some of the pilots MIGHT go on to become commercial airline pilots at some indeterminate time in the future and MIGHT make 200K a year [[starting at age?? 35? 40?) with a mandatory retirement age of 50 something and this is gold worth digging? Way too many if comes, don't you think?

Thats why my line after the pilots line was how I didn't think there really were gold diggers. I'm just stating that pilots aren't likely to die broke. They have some nice oppportunities as they should.

ccbatson Guest

OK...and you pulled a Letterman and took the opportunity to insult all women for the sake of...?? Humor?

Yes. I also think the Daily Show, South Park, and Family Guy are funny even when they mock ideas I support.

ccbatson Guest

Some of those professionally written comedies can be funny however. You and Letterman should either keep the day job [[you), or look into vocational rehabilitation.

I concede. I'll stay off the comedy circuit.

ccbatson Guest

Good call MJS.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4