Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default A Universe from Nothing

from amazon.com:

. ..When Dr. Krauss and other physicists talk about nothing, they are speaking with the vulgar. What they mean by nothing is an area with no space that the laws of nature even came out of [[to our knowledge, symmetry breaking that happens during the big bang produces the parameters of gravity, the weak and strong forces, and electromagnetism). In reality, the "absolute nothing" that some readers are whining about has never been shown to be the earliest state of the universe. According to the Einsteinian view of time, the universe exists as a block with time as a tenseless dimension of space. This block extends infinitely into the past and the future. The earliest point we know about [[the singularity) is nothing more than a misapplication of relativity to the quantum realm and will be scrapped when a quantum theory of gravity [[possibly m-theory or quantum loop) is adopted. This makes the big bang an interesting event but not a beginning in the way that many have misconstrued it [[for a popular guide to this, read Brian Green or Michio Kaku's excellent non-technical books).

and

..http://www.sciencefriday.com/program/archives/201201132

[The answer lies in quantum mechanics.]

GOD created the universe.

End of Story!

And this conclusion comes, no doubt, from your extensive study of cosmology and quantum mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

End of Story!
    And where did God's Universe come from? If God Exists he has to exist somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    And where did God's Universe come from? If God Exists he has to exist somewhere.

When you die and [[hopefully) get to Heaven, you ask him.

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    Last Sunday he was in Denver.

Don't get me started on loop quantum gravity. We've got an election coming in November.

Phucking with physicists' minds: Putting your hand in the Large Hadron Collider...
    We're not allowed to make universes....

Physicists—gotta love 'em cuz no one else will.

Higgs boson? Who the hell names a subatomic particle after a clown? LOL!

When you die and [[hopefully) get to Heaven, you ask him.

When I die, if there should happen to be a god, I will ask it much more than that, and hold it accountable

God is responsible of getting free will intelligent creatures and human beings to his kingdom, not to be blamed for deformaties of life. Man or some creature did that.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Don't get me started on loop quantum gravity. We've got an election coming in November.
    Aw, come one. Please?

I'm not sure this helps but here is an intro. to qm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introdu...ntum_mechanics

or if you prefer, an intro to q.theory

http://www.quantiki.org/wiki/Introdu...Quantum_Theory
    Last edited by maxx; January-14-12 at 05:27 PM.

God is responsible of getting free will intelligent creatures and human beings to his kingdom, not to be blamed for deformaties of life. Man or some creature did that.

actually, it says in the bible that God did it

Quantum theory even made Einstein's brain hurt.

"if you think you understand quantum theory, you clearly don't"
    - someone whose name I can't recall

Some verse in Isaiah says that God created evil as well as good.

RE: QM
    All I know about it is that subatomic particles behave differently than the rest of matter. And there is a lot of advanced math involved.

Yikes! Don't say that, it sounds too common, and 'unenlightened' [[smile).
    Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    You have misinterpreted the information of God's Word. After God created The Garden of Eden and finally Adam and Eve. He told them that You can eat anything from the garden, but the tree where the fruit of Knowledge of Good and Evil you will not eat for your surely die. Eve was tempeted by the serpent [[ who was Satan in disguise. ) It lured her into the forbidden tree, took the fruit and and ate it. Her eyes were open she knows what happen to her. Then she took the fruit to Adam and he ate it. Both them recognize their nakedness and they put on fig branches to cover themselves. When the Lord look for Adam and Eve, He saw them corrupted and impure. The Lord asked Adam " What happen? did you eat the fruit from the tree that I have told not to?" "The woman let me do it." God went to Eve and spoke. "Did you eat the fruit from the tree that I have told you not to?" Eve said, "Yes, But the sepent tempted me to do it."

God went to the sepent and said "Serpent, since you have tempted mankind. You shall crawl on your belly and eat dust. Your descedents will rule over you all the days of your life."

God went back to Eve and said " Since you have ate from the fruit of tree of good and evil
    out of your sorrow you shall bear children. Your children grow up knowing good and evil and most of their days they would rise up and rebel against you! You shall be with your husband and he will rule over you and its descendents for all the days of their lives!"

God went to Adam said said, "Since you have ate from the fruit of tree of good and evil cursed to all the beasts and plants before you and woman should eat. You will cling your wife and watch over her and chlidren for all the days of your life. You and woman shall bear pain and sorrow from pleasure. You and woman shall struggle in the Earth before you would cry out to me. After you have died from dust from when I made you and to dust from whence you came. You and your descendants."

and who created the snake, and satan?

End of Story!

God is all, everything. God is life [[consciousness)
    We are THOUGHTS in the mind of God. One mind dreaming we are separate form God AND our brothers. We ARE the prodigal SON and we created an EGO to try and prove our separation.

The world is directly the manifestation of the separation. The Holy Spirit uses it as a learning device.
    n Heaven, we fell into the belief in separation. The physical universe manifested from this belief once the Holy Spirit had shaped this belief into "the space-time belief"—a more specific, fleshed-out version of the separation belief. He then built into the space-time belief the Atonement. As a result, the Atonement is operating all the time in the space-time world. This operation of the Atonement is what actually teaches us. This is what guides us home. The events of the physical world without the Atonement would not be conducive to learning, but would merely reinforce the belief in separation

Quote Originally Posted by MizMotown View Post

End of Story!

God is all, everything. God is life [[consciousness)
    We are THOUGHTS in the mind of God. One mind dreaming we are separate form God AND our brothers. We ARE the prodigal SON and we created an EGO to try and prove our separation.

The world is directly the manifestation of the separation. The Holy Spirit uses it as a learning device.
    n Heaven, we fell into the belief in separation. The physical universe manifested from this belief once the Holy Spirit had shaped this belief into "the space-time belief"—a more specific, fleshed-out version of the separation belief. He then built into the space-time belief the Atonement. As a result, the Atonement is operating all the time in the space-time world. This operation of the Atonement is what actually teaches us. This is what guides us home. The events of the physical world without the Atonement would not be conducive to learning, but would merely reinforce the belief in separation
    That sounds plausible and not at all far-fetched.

We have to be truthful with ourselves and life.

I do not know the thing I am, and therefore do not know what I am doing, where I am, or how to look upon the world or on myself.

Learning this is the birth of salvation. This is where learning starts: admitting how incapable of judging we are. All of these things we don't know! Recognizing our ignorance is the birth of salvation because, until we admit we don't know, we won't ask for help. As long as we think we know, we block true knowing.

Little children recognize that they do not understand what they perceive, and so they ask what it means. Do not make the mistake of believing that you understand what you perceive, for its meaning is lost to you….Yet while you think you know its meaning, you will see no need to ask it of Him.

You do not know the meaning of anything you perceive. Not one thought you hold is wholly true. The recognition of this is your firm beginning.

-acim

Perception did not exist until the separation introduced degrees, aspects and intervals. Spirit has no levels, and all conflict arises from the concept of levels. Only the Levels of the Trinity are capable of Unity. The levels created by the separation cannot but conflict. This is because they are meaningless to each other.
    2 Consciousness, the level of perception, was the first split introduced into the mind after the separation, making the mind a perceiver rather than a creator. Consciousness is correctly identified as the domain of the ego. The ego is a wrong-minded attempt to perceive yourself as you wish to be, rather than as you are. Yet you can know yourself only as you are, because that is all you can be sure of. Everything else is open to question.

3 The ego is the questioning aspect of the post-separation self, which was made rather than created. It is capable of asking questions but not of perceiving meaningful answers, because these would involve knowledge and cannot be perceived. The mind is therefore confused, because only One-mindedness can be without confusion. A separated or divided mind must be confused. It is necessarily uncertain about what it is. It has to be in conflict because it is out of accord with itself. This makes its aspects strangers to each other, and this is the essence of the fear-prone condition, in which attack is always possible. You have every reason to feel afraid as you perceive yourself. This is why you cannot escape from fear until you realize that you did not and could not create yourself. You can never make your misperceptions true, and your creation is beyond your own error. That is why you must eventually choose to heal the separation.

4 Right-mindedness is not to be confused with the knowing mind, because it is applicable only to right perception. You can be right-minded or wrong-minded, and even this is subject to degrees, clearly demonstrating that knowledge is not involved. The term "right-mindedness" is properly used as the correction for "wrong-mindedness," and applies to the state of mind that induces accurate perception. It is miracle-minded because it heals misperception, and this is indeed a miracle in view of how you perceive yourself.

5 Perception always involves some misuse of mind, because it brings the mind into areas of uncertainty. The mind is very active. When it chooses to be separated it chooses to perceive. Until then it wills only to know. Afterwards it can only choose ambiguously, and the only way out of ambiguity is clear perception. The mind returns to its proper function only when it wills to know. This places it in the service of spirit, where perception is changed. The mind chooses to divide itself when it chooses to make its own levels. But it could not entirely separate itself from spirit, because it is from spirit that it derives its whole power to make or create. Even in miscreation the mind is affirming its Source, or it would merely cease to be. This is impossible, because the mind belongs to spirit which God created and which is therefore eternal.

6 The ability to perceive made the body possible, because you must perceive something and with something. That is why perception involves an exchange or translation, which knowledge does not need. The interpretative function of perception, a distorted form of creation, then permits you to interpret the body as yourself in an attempt to escape from the conflict you have induced. Spirit, which knows, could not be reconciled with this loss of power, because it is incapable of darkness. This makes spirit almost inaccessible to the mind and entirely inaccessible to the body. Thereafter, spirit is perceived as a threat, because light abolishes darkness merely by showing you it is not there. Truth will always overcome error in this way. This cannot be an active process of correction because, as I have already emphasized, knowledge does not do anything. It can be perceived as an attacker, but it cannot attack. What you perceive as its attack is your own vague recognition that knowledge can always be remembered, never having been destroyed.

What a load of hokum

lol...

how do you know what is a load of hokum and what is not? It would be pretty blasphamous as well as pretentious to actually believe that you really know anything.

how well do you know psychology?

I agree...

Free will is actually the choice between joy and pain, heaven or hell, right-mindedness or wrong-mindedness. If you choose pain you will continue to have alot of painful experience until you choose again. School of life.

Quote Originally Posted by MizMotown View Post
    lol...

how do you know what is a load of hokum and what is not? It would be pretty blasphamous as well as pretentious to actually believe that you really know anything.

how well do you know psychology?
    More blasphemous than the pretentiousness of the people who wrote that hokum in the first place?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast