City Club Apartment Construction in Detroit
UPBEAT DETROIT PICTURES - WHY NOT? »

FUN THINGS TO DO IN DETROIT »



Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Default 2012 UofM Wolverines Football

    Wolverine football players and fans are coming off a successful season. The B1G Ten underwent significant changes - some good, some not so much.

    What should we expect this upcoming season?

  2. #2

    Default

    Big Ten and national recruiting class rankings as reported in the Detroit News today.

    Second in B1G, ranging from 4th to 8th nationally.

  3. #3

    Default

    It looks like Hoke gets it when it comes to in-state recruiting. I think he will be around for a long time.

  4. #4

    Default

    we sure did clean up in the state. 17 of our recruits were from Ohio and Michigan

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    It looks like Hoke gets it when it comes to in-state recruiting. I think he will be around for a long time.
    Governor Chris Christie, I mean Michigan Governor Brady Hoke, I mean Coach Hoke should be around for awhile. Or at least until he is promoted to the highest level of his incompetency.

  6. #6

    Default

    Prepare to LOSE for the 4th straight time Wolverines... GO GREEN GO SPARTANS.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Prepare to LOSE for the 4th straight time Wolverines... GO GREEN GO SPARTANS.
    Now I don't have a horse in this race. I neither cheer for MSU nor do I cheer for UofM so before anyone labels me in one camp or the other- I don't have any allegiances to either place other than friends who've gone to those fine schools.

    What always gets me about this silly rivalry is the incessant name calling, taunting and finger pointing TO the other institution. I get that one can cheer for their respective schools. Scream your bloody head off for your school. Urge them on and wear every piece of school swag you can buy.

    But the second you mention the opponent- and they happen to win (which the Wolverines did today)- doesn't one look like a dope? I can respect cheering for your team wholeheartedly and with as much vigor as one wants. Even your opponent can respect that because they're doing the same for their team.

    But the second the finger pointing comes out- it's personal and can really backfire.

    Again, it's just an analysis from someone who didn't go to either school but still a college football and football fan in general.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
    Now I don't have a horse in this race. I neither cheer for MSU nor do I cheer for UofM so before anyone labels me in one camp or the other- I don't have any allegiances to either place other than friends who've gone to those fine schools.

    What always gets me about this silly rivalry is the incessant name calling, taunting and finger pointing TO the other institution. I get that one can cheer for their respective schools. Scream your bloody head off for your school. Urge them on and wear every piece of school swag you can buy.

    But the second you mention the opponent- and they happen to win (which the Wolverines did today)- doesn't one look like a dope? I can respect cheering for your team wholeheartedly and with as much vigor as one wants. Even your opponent can respect that because they're doing the same for their team.

    But the second the finger pointing comes out- it's personal and can really backfire.

    Again, it's just an analysis from someone who didn't go to either school but still a college football and football fan in general.
    I, like you, have attended neither school and usually when they play eachother, root for the school that has the best chance at making a splash in the post season, since that is all that seems to matter today. That team, this year, seems to be the Wolverines.
    But after listening to the many comments made on sports radio last week, I have to say, I almost wished UofM would lose.
    There seems to be an incessant, arrogant attitude prevalent among the UofM fans that I find quite annoying. It's this refusal to acknowledge that MSU has had the better football and basketball program. When you lose to a team for 4 years straight, and almost lose a 5th, I think the proper response would be to stay humble and show respect towards your opponent. Unfortunately, this is not the attitude that most radio callers from UofM have.
    The Wolverines were favored in this game. They were playing at home, against a team with a struggling offense and a young quarterback. Yet they still had to mount a last minute drive to kick a field goal to win it. Hardly a butt-whipping and no reason to gloat.
    This is why my neutral allegiance may seem to sway towards the MSU side. They have fought hard to step out of UofM's shadow and have a basketball program that UofM should envy. But you would not think that if you only listened to Wolverine fans.
    If the Spartans had not lost against Iowa, it would have been a bigger game. That and the Tigers success took a lot of the hype away from this game. If UofM had lost, I'm afraind the carnage is Ann Arbor would have been massive. But they did win and props to them. Now we need to see them use this win as a stepping stone to bigger and better things.
    Let go of the jealousy of your in-state brethrens and win a championship. Then excessive gloating is deserved.

  9. #9

    Default

    Lets see that makes it 7 wins in the last 11 years for UM.

  10. #10

    Default

    I'm sorry guys, after watching SEC ball and Oregon out west, the UofM MSU game is like watching two good JV teams go at it.

  11. #11
    GUSHI Guest

    Default

    Why would you compare it to Jv ball, big ten is still a major conference, you my friend are wrong

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    Why would you compare it to Jv ball, big ten is still a major conference, you my friend are wrong
    Its a major conference in that its middle of the road teams get taken to the mat on a regular basis by the better MAC teams. Its best team (OSU) can't go anywhere, the UofM MSU was a snooze bowl. The big ten is a major conference in name only

  13. #13

    Default

    Big Ten is no good in football and that includes OSU. Best team might be Penn State.
    Should be great in Basketball.
    State was suppose to be the cream of the crop and they barely beat EMU

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Instagram
BEST ONLINE FORUM FOR
DETROIT-BASED DISCUSSION
DetroitYES Awarded BEST OF DETROIT 2015 - Detroit MetroTimes - Best Online Forum for Detroit-based Discussion 2015

ENJOY DETROITYES?


AND HAVE ADS REMOVED DETAILS »





Welcome to DetroitYES! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
DetroitYES! is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to DetroitYES! [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.