Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Author Shout Out: Write Hudson's History

The following came in the email bag today. Detroit authors, here's your opportunity to fight unemployment.

Name: Allison Evans
    Subject: Hudson's Department Store
    Email: allison.evans@historypress.net

Date: 2009-06-09

Dear Mr. Boileau,

I work for The History Press, a traditional, full-serve press that focuses exclusively on publishing works of local and regional history. I am currently working on commissioning a brief history of Hudson's Department Sore. I noticed you had some great pictures on your website and I am curious if you happen to know anyone who might be interested in writing this type of history? I have plenty of information I can send if you would like and I look forward to hearing from you.

You can also access more information on our website, www.historypress.net.

Take Care,

Allison Evans

I think if someone were to just collect the stories from the HOF post [[HOF Threads: I Worked at Hudson's), that would be enough to fill up a book. Good luck!

Um, this has kind of already been done. "Hudson's: Hub of America's Heartland" by Jean Maddern Pitrone, and "Hudson's Detroit's Legendary Department Store" by Michael Hauser. Granted, the first book is out of print.