Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Greg Holden - The Lost Boy.

In the last week of the last year a money drive for the Red Cross was held over here in the Netherlands. Greg Holden, never heard of him before, wrote a song for it. First time I heard it on the radio, with the information that was given about the song and the background on how it was made, I was just about crying in the car....

But maybe it's better to let him speak himself.

Thank you so much for the amazing reaction to this song in Holland. Eric Corton and Radio 3FM / Serious Request were kind enough to play it and continue to do so, which I appreciate so much. Thanks for all your amazing messages.

I wrote this song last week. It's inspired by the heartbreaking story of "The Lost Boys" of South Sudan. This week it was picked up by a rather influential DJ in Holland called Eric Corton. Eric does a lot of humanitarian work in Africa with the Red Cross, I have a lot of respect for this man. He has since been getting it airplay on Dutch National Radio Station 3FM for a charity project called 'Serious Request'. Each time the song is requested, it raises money for Red Cross. As of today, "The Lost Boy" is the 4th most requested song in the campaign and on Dec 23rd it went to #1 in the iTunes Singles Chart! I am truly blown away and honoured to be part of such an amazing project. Last year 'Serious Request' raised over 7 million euros for Red Cross. Check them out here... www.3fm.nl

This is just me singing and playing along to a recording I made at home. The same recording is being played on 3FM.

It still has a lot of airplay over here. Lyrics below the clip.