Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default If Detroit gets an Emergency Manager, what comes next?

I think that there is the high likelihood of shock & awe. Followed by some high level corporate looting of public assets:

http://happyfrogdetroit.com/ron-will...future-detroit

What comes next for Detroit city government? With all the threads being posted about Detroit going into recievership. This would happen under the words of Rev. Jesse Jackson:

You all better click into this scene from you tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbABG...eature=related

After that civil unrest the reconstruction of Detroit will begin.

1. No black dominate/white and ethnic mimority Detroit city government with a proposed council by districts.

2. Most city government services will be private. Imagine this; D-DOT under Quicken Loans or Belle Isle owned by Metroparks. [[ Just pay a $3.00 toll and you and your family and friends can enjoy the island.)

3. Andy Dillion will be the new fake mayor of Detroit along with Snyder, the Nerd's friends who used to work with Gateway Computers.

4. Detroit city property taxes may increase if E.M. get its way.

5. Many black and blighted [[ possibley riot torn) Detroit ghettohoods will be closed. Reserved it to private companies for housing and rental and retail development.

6. The Detroit Police and Fire Dept will get a new overhaul. Community policing to [[walking the beats) will commence.

Many more E.M. crazy schemes that would effect Detroiters for many years to come.

So start getting ready Detroiters Blacks, Whites, Chaldeans, Arab Muslims, East Indians, Irish, Mexicans and Hispanics for a real nightmare.

In the meantime please enjoy Detroit mayor Jerome P. Cavanaugh's film for a better develop Detroit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=linwiQ1Lfp4
    Last edited by Danny; January-11-12 at 02:10 PM.

Coaccession Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rrwilliams View Post
    I think that there is the high likelihood of shock & awe. Followed by some high level corporate looting of public assets...
    Existing contracts will go poof, rrwilliams, so the Founders Society may lose its DIA contract long before 2018. Here's hoping all the transactions with Detroit's billions in art are transparent -- auctions, not dealers.

Here's what's going to happen:

City government will be dissolved. Period.

Every city asset will be up for sale.

Corporations will have the right to evict anyone they want out of Detroit.

Cuts, Cuts, and More cuts!

Wait times for buses will increase.

Each public service will be run by a corporation.

Just watch the Robocop movie and that will give u an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by rrwilliams View Post
    I think that there is the high likelihood of shock & awe. Followed by some high level corporate looting of public assets:

http://happyfrogdetroit.com/ron-will...future-detroit
    Welcome to the forum, rrwilliams.

That Naomi Klein interview was preceded by this impressive Rachael Maddow monologue: Michigan is screwed.

Next:

Cancer gets removed [[bloated government, bad contracts, unreasonably generous benefits).

City departments become more efficient.

Residents flock to city.

Jobs become available to all.

Wealth, prosperity and joy arrive naturally.

Liberals cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Next:

Cancer gets removed [[bloated government, bad contracts, unreasonably generous benefits).

Residents flock to city.

Liberals cry.
    Yep. In other words, what's good for the Detroiters of tomorrow probably won't be good for Detroiters of today.

Think General Motors. They went bankrupt. Anyone who was a stockholder of the OLD GM got nothing. Anyone they owed money to got a fraction of what they were owed. But freed from the shackles of legacy costs and debt, NEW GM is a healthy company again spitting out some excellent product.

Unfortunately, though, while GM bankruptcy was hard enough...the process took less than 18 months from start to finish. In Detroit, the process could very well be 3-5 years.
    Last edited by corktownyuppie; January-11-12 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post

That Naomi Klein interview was preceded by this impressive Rachael Maddow monologue: Michigan is screwed.
    I'd be more impressed if RM debated someone on this issue.
    Her rant was disingenuous at best.
    Last edited by rjk; January-11-12 at 09:47 PM.

I say Uncle and hit the bricks.

Next:

Residents flock to city.

Liberals cry.
    All hail the King! Where have our conservative saviours been all this time?

There will be a sharp increase in unemployment as a bunch of city workers get laid off.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    There will be a sharp increase in unemployment as a bunch of city workers get laid off.
    But those are government jobs! Everybody knows they don't count. After all, it's not like government employees ever spend their evil government paychecks on goods and services in the local economy.

"Those troops may be needed here in Detroit soon."

Do you ever see black helicopters? There's seems to be a segment of the population that has fantasies of a repeat of the 67 riots with armed troops in the streets of Detroit. Not sure why sickos like that get a thrill out of that idea but I think their overactive imaginations are going to be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post

NaomiKlein.org
    I'd be more impressed if RR debated someone on this issue.
    Her rant was disingenuous at best.
    Yeah, well, as painful as that may have been, providing missing context to an original post is generally considered a useful contribution to any thread.

You're welcome.

In case there's any doubt, here's a contiguous video containing both clips: Rachel Maddow: Michigan's Dystopian [[Corporate Republican) Future and Naomi Klein's Shock Doctrine.

Residents flock to city.

I doubt it.

Yeah, well, as painful as that may have been, providing missing context to an original post is generally considered a useful contribution to any thread.

You're welcome.

In case there's any doubt, here's a contiguous video containing both clips: Rachel Maddow: Michigan's Dystopian [[Corporate Republican) Future and Naomi Klein's Shock Doctrine.
    Huh, missing context? Your post that I qouted mentioned the two people.

It's typical of RM. She makes a point and then has someone on who agrees with her.

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    Huh, missing context? Your post that I qouted mentioned the two people....
    My post was not the original post. "Original post," here, refers to the initial post of the thread, often abbreviated "OP."

The context I contributed was missing from that original post which was made by rrwilliams, not me.

Have you anything such as that to contribute—anything at all?

rjk has gone offline and has not yet responded so let it stand that Rachel Maddow: Michigan's Dystopian [[Corporate Republican) Future And Naomi Klein's Shock Doctrine is indeed the combined video, in context, revealing the consistency between Rick Snyder's Michigan machinations and Naomi Klein's Shock Doctrine theory.

Quote Originally Posted by truthseeker View Post
    Danny is right...Andy Dillon will be the Emergency Manager....However.. the state will be unable to manage [[control/pacify) the riots that will follow. Obama might be the smartest one in the room since he brought back the troops from Iraq. Those troops may be needed here in Detroit soon.
    MOST city residents will not raise a finger to do anything. The "riots" you talk of will be loud protests by the church ministers and the unions, but most Detroiters, while perhaps upset, will do little.

After the unions get their faces on TV for a few weeks, people will stop paying attention to them and that will be that.

There will be NO riots.

The EM will invalidate the bloated contracts, adjust the retirement benefits to what are REASONABLE, and I hope, carry out a plan to close off sparsely-populated neighborhoods to reduce costs, ala Canton, OH [[what was being contemplated by that committee that Bing set up).

The city will concentrate on a core that will be attractive for people to move to. Detroit may never again have 2mm people, but it could be great again, even with a smaller population.

Quote Originally Posted by takascar View Post
    but most Detroiters, while perhaps upset, will do little.
    Except leave, taking their tax dollars with them.

I don't think there will be a EM for Detroit. The "committee" looking into it will procrastinate for many weeks past their deadline with the excuse that new ideas are being investigated and they will go on kicking the can down the road out of fear of making a decision. Ultimately they will announce they have come up with a brilliant new idea without telling us we are all going to pay for it, and it will only be a short term fix.

"So Detroit police and fire will still show up to work after their contracs are invalidated?Doubtful.. That's why Federal troops will be needed.Also regarding the 67 riots.. Detroit has had numerous "near" riots after 1967, anyone remember the Livernois "disturbance" of 1975?Think about it... will Detroiters act in a civilized manner when there are no police and fire around??"

Detroit Police and Fire are professionals. I expect they'll continue to do their jobs no matter what happens. Isn't there some conspiracy theory board where you can share your riot fantasies? It's clear from your comments what you think of the people of Detroit and says more about you then it does about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    "So Detroit police and fire will still show up to work after their contracs are invalidated?Doubtful.. That's why Federal troops will be needed.Also regarding the 67 riots.. Detroit has had numerous "near" riots after 1967, anyone remember the Livernois "disturbance" of 1975?Think about it... will Detroiters act in a civilized manner when there are no police and fire around??"

Detroit Police and Fire are professionals. I expect they'll continue to do their jobs no matter what happens. Isn't there some conspiracy theory board where you can share your riot fantasies? It's clear from your comments what you think of the people of Detroit and says more about you then it does about them.
    Invalidating contracts does not mean eliminating pay and benefits. And it will also mean fewer idiots in bureaucracy.

[QUOTE=rrwilliams;296282]Followed by some high level corporate looting of public assets:

Yeah right. I read the article in the link. Seemed like a lot of fear mongering.

I can't wait to see what happen to Detroit in 2050.

Population 999,876

52% white

29% black

15% Hispanic/Mexican

1.5% Asian

Wow! that's almost a million. It's no longer a 'ghetto city' filled with blights and blunders. I can see Downtown Detroit buildings glowing with L.E.D. lights and businesses signs with people walking all over its streets. New exotic retail that rival Ferndale, Birmingham, Royal Oak and Grosse Pointes combined. New fancy condos and lofts and McMansions all over Midtown to once black neighborhoods. People driving flying cars, New subway and light rail system on Woodward Ave. and other main roads all the way the suburbs and beyond. A new and super Cobo Hall Convention Center and goes on for 2 miles. New Stadium called "Dan Gilbert Arena" for The Detroit Pistons. I can see the Lions winning their first Super Bowl, Detroit Tigers winning the World Series, The Red Wings winning the Stanley Cup, The Pistons winning the NBA World Championship all in one decade. I can see Detroit got the Summer Olympic bid for 2060 and won. Finally Detroit city government and council by district [[wards) is back in power. Detroit has been recovered thanks to a long line Emergency Managers.
    Last edited by Danny; January-12-12 at 03:51 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast