Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default BCBSM Facade enhancement on Jefferson.

Rendering Looks great, and with make Jefferson Avenue that much more appealing.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...xt|FRONTPAGE|p

Thanks for the link French777! Wow 6,000 employees downtown... quite impressive count. I believe that exceeds GM's count.

I'm surprised that they are going to mimick the Ren Cen. Hasn't there been a contingent of those who felt the Ren Cen stuck out like a sore thumb design-wise? Either way I think it's a good thing with the upkeep of a building and more jobs downtown.
    My only concern is what are they covering up?? Does anyone have a current picture of this building?

Nothing they are just replacing the crappy cinderblock entranceway with a nice glass one. The glass facade is already there.

I like it. Looks like this effects the first floor only.

We need more inviting streetwall, and this most certainly accomplishes that.

^ Agreed!

And that was one ugly building before they put the glass sheeting over it about 20 years ago.

It's definitely an improvement although it looks like it will only affect one corner of the ground floor. The rest of the ground floor will still be that granite wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    ^ Agreed!

And that was one ugly building before they put the glass sheeting over it about 20 years ago.
    That's for sure. That was a hideous building/parking structure back in the 80's. Whatever anyone thinks of it now, it is a huge improvement over what was there before.

Thanks Gumby....obviously I was having a blonde* moment as I forgot I could pull up a google street map of it!

*Not to denote any hatred towards anyone of the lighter colored hair sect... I can see the posts now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Thanks for the link French777! Wow 6,000 employees downtown... quite impressive count. I believe that exceeds GM's count.

I wonder what the total headcount of downtown employees will be in 2013 once
    Quicken Loans also finishes their move downtown. Will we be able to break 6 figures for downtown employment?