Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Exterior lighting on First National Building

I saw today that the First National Building has received quite an improvement to its exterior lighting. The lights face the sidewalk below and provide ample amount of light. The lights wrap around the building over to congress, Cadillac Square and Campus Martius.

Dan Gilbert is really doing a good job in bringing life back into these buildings. I cant wait til he build his Quicken Loans headquarter in 2013..hopefully in Campus Martius on the Monroe block. I don't think he's done yet, he also proposed residential/entertainment development as part of his "Webward 2.0". It is exciting to see what he do next..

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    Dan Gilbert is really doing a good job in bringing life back into these buildings. I cant wait til he build his Quicken Loans headquarter in 2013..hopefully in Campus Martius on the Monroe block. I don't think he's done yet, he also proposed residential/entertainment development as part of his "Webward 2.0". It is exciting to see what he do next..

Like I mentioned in a previous thread I feel like Gilbert is the only one with a brain left in this town.
    Last edited by gameguy56; January-09-12 at 08:35 PM.

Gilbert has control over so much real estate now, what makes you think he still wants to build a new building? There is plenty of vacancy in the properties he currently holds. I don't think he can make a business case to build more.

He mention awhile back, he's goin to build NEW in 2013 no matter how economic it will or won't be. He's gathering up all these real estates and retail to attract his sister companies and other creative tech companies. He wants his own "New Headquarters", he's not finished yet. You can't compare Dan Gilbert to any other business leader around here, he gets it done. You have to keep in mind, he has three other parcel's downtown that are surface parking lots. Of course he's goin to build on them soon, either residential, commercial or for his Quicken Loans Headquarters.

I don't think it makes sense to build until more of the vacant buildings are taken care of.

Regardless, it's nice to see him investing in Detroit. I don't think he's doing it out of charity, but rather opportunity, and other people will hopefully smell this and join Gilbert.

Downtown and Midtown need housing bad! Before you know it, retail demand will be there.

Pictures would be great!