Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: South Royal Oak

Default South Royal Oak

Anyone have any photos of the southern Royal Oak area, of any vintage? The older the better.

Thanks

Try Pleasant Ridge, Ferndale and Royal Oak Historical Museums.

Quote Originally Posted by Baselinepunk View Post
    Try Pleasant Ridge, Ferndale and Royal Oak Historical Museums.

I've seen a lot of those pictures via online, museum, etc. Just wanted peoples personal / family snap shots from another era. Thanks for responding, though!

Could you give us a rationale as to what it is you're going to do with people's personal pics? No offense but asking for people's pics seems a bit creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
    Could you give us a rationale as to what it is you're going to do with people's personal pics? No offense but asking for people's pics seems a bit creepy.

What exactly do you think I mean? I just want to see images of the neighborhood I was raised in from before I was alive. Christ, why is everyone so paranoid? I MUST have some demented goal in mind with what I am going to do with these photos! What could I even do? Make a fucking shrine using other peoples photographs of the neighborhood I grew up in, before I was even alive? Get realistic.

Really. I'm sure the guy doesn't want personal pics of birthday parties, weddings and shit. He's talking scenery. You must be kidding me if you thought otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by coloroflaw View Post
    What exactly do you think I mean? I just want to see images of the neighborhood I was raised in from before I was alive. Christ, why is everyone so paranoid? I MUST have some demented goal in mind with what I am going to do with these photos! What could I even do? Make a fucking shrine using other peoples photographs of the neighborhood I grew up in, before I was even alive? Get realistic.
    LOL... coloroflaw... welcome to the Forum.... you just went thru forum initiation... suspicion, doubts, hidden agendas... but you answered splendidly!

Haha...right on.

Quote Originally Posted by coloroflaw View Post
    Anyone have any photos of the southern Royal Oak area, of any vintage? The older the better.

Thanks
    Coloroflaw,

I don't know if you've seen these, but Detroit Edison had a bunch of aerial photos taken back in the day of the entire area:

http://www.clas.wayne.edu/photos/ap_index.htm

You can go as far back as 1949.