Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ccbatson Guest

As on the other post...profits [[if Obama allows any) come home.

"As on the other post...profits [[if Obama allows any) come home."

So... the answer is move ALL production out of the U.S. where there is cheaper labor and as long as the profits come back to Detroit the auto industry will be OK?

ccbatson Guest

What do you think? If they are profitable, they will not be begging for taxpayer bailouts and threatening bankruptcy. Although down/rightsized, they will still employ hundreds of thousands of Americans directly and indirectly. Even better, If people saw the wisdom of breaking the unions, there would be less need to outsource such that only the very low level jobs would go to China/India/Mexico/Brazil...etc which is good for both us in the form of lower costs, and them in the form of jobs and wages far better than they would have had otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    I would love to own a rare as hen's teeth COPO 1969 Yenko 427 Nova SS, this one in particular, even though it has an...ugh...front bench seat and the ubiquitous vinyl top I wonder how much one of the handful that are left in the world would $ell for now???

OMG...that car is friggin' AWESOME!

ccbatson Guest

Ditto that [[awesome).

My favorite front clip of all Camaro generations, this example first generation '69 Camaro 396 RS/SS w/ the hidden headlights, looks so damn aggressive..LOL!!

Never cared for the vinyl tops that GM put on so many vehicles 69-74 though.

Last edited by Flanders; April-27-09 at 02:06 PM.

My favorite rear deck and taillights were on the '71-73 second-generation Camaros, the Chevelles also had dual circular taillights, looks like Chevy borrowed from the first and second generation Camaros to create the 2010 model. Unfortunately it appears that the Pontiac division of GM will be no more, so fuggetabout any future GTOs, Firebirds, or Trans Ams...

ccbatson Guest

Even though cliched and part of the pop culture. c/o Burt Reynolds, the 1978 T/A with the screaming chicken decal has to hold a place in the heart of anyone old enough to have been a part of the phenomenon at the time.

Red eyes, black pupils. Grrrrrr.

Last edited by vetalalumni; June-29-09 at 10:13 PM.

I'm thinking about getting one of those.

If I can't haul a couple of 4 x 8 sheets of plywood home in a vehicle, I ain't interested in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    I'm thinking about getting one of those.
    Take a test drive - you will enjoy it. There is a significant waiting list to purchase the 2010 Camaro.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Even though cliched and part of the pop culture. c/o Burt Reynolds, the 1978 T/A with the screaming chicken decal has to hold a place in the heart of anyone old enough to have been a part of the phenomenon at the time.
    remember the Turbo T/A? they had the screaming chicken supposedly breathing fire on a rather ugly driver's side "power bulge." a guy from car & driver wrote that "if I had an ugly bulge like that, I'd throw up too"

The only things I don't like on the new Camaro are the visibility and the "shark gills" on the rear fenders [[wasn't that originally a stylistic thing on the first firebirds?)

ccbatson Guest

There were 2 turbo TAs I think...one in the eighties, and another in the nineties. One was Gen 2, the other Gen 3 [[now we are on Gen 4).

this was an early 80s version, i think

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    If I can't haul a couple of 4 x 8 sheets of plywood home in a vehicle, I ain't interested in it.
    Ray, I don't think I've ever hauled one, much less a couple, sheets of plywood in a vehicle.

ccbatson Guest

I believe it was, in both instances, a turbo V6, that later came to fame in the Buick GN and GNX.

2011 Chevrolet Camaro Synergy Series. [[See the [View with PicLens] link for HD)

High quality --> http://www.carversation.com/wp-conte...5&mode=gallery

HUD -->

Here is the 2011 Camaro Convertable....enjoy.
    Last edited by Searay215; November-13-10 at 10:04 AM.

Im not really a car guy but my step Dad was. By the early 90s he was head of production for Camaro and was bringing home some badass proto types. This was before GM forbid friends and family from using the company cars but all the good ones had M plates so I couldnt drive them by myself anyway. He did let me drive one that had a roll cage, 4 point restraints, nitros and a bored out block. It apparently did 0-60 in just over 4 seconds. I didnt get to the 4th gear out of the six before my little brother was screaming from the back seat to SLOW DOWN, STTOOOOOPP! That was fun. He also flew for the Air Force Reserves on weekends and let me have his regular company cars while he was gone, which were often IROC Camaros. I didnt realize how good I had it. Just had to do a little bragging about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Searay215 View Post
    Here is the 2011 Camaro Convertable....enjoy.
    More on the 2011 Convertible...

2011 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible --> http://photos.mlive.com/5628/gallery...&fromblog=4434

2011 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Drops its Top --> http://wot.motortrend.com/6730836/au.../photo_01.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2